1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Chinese basketball brawl vs. Australian team, chairs thrown

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sinobball, Oct 19, 2011.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

^ If this story is accurate, which it seems reasonable, it still doesn't excuse bench clearing or especially throwing chairs. Stay classy, China.

But I enjoy it for the entertainment value, of course.

Georgetown, Brazil, 2001 USA, 2003 USA, Lebanon, Puerto Rico, Melbourne!

If they eventually get a European team and an African team involved in a fight we can officially refer to China as "worldbeaters".

2. cod

cod Member

This wasn't the Melbourne Tigers. It was a team made up of semi-pro's put together for a chinese tour.

3. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Are you sure?

It is unthinkable that a professional team would let a bunch of semi-pros play oversea with their team name. Would the Lakers let a few semi-pros call themselves Los Angeles Lakers to play in Asia?

What is your source?

4. cod

cod Member

The team was called the "Australian Tigers" it was organized by Andre Gaze and a chinese promotor.

The Melbourne Tigers in their off-season play China's national team often so I guess this is where the confusion stems from. The Aussie league started a month ago.

5. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

As much as I don't care for Australian Basketball in the least, I can't help but feel offended that you call my nation crappy...

6. bloop

bloop Member

Agreed. I hate them chinks!

DD and closeted4life meet me in the We Hate Chinks thread. Them all done left when Yao retired so we can discuss the troof of Chinese inferiority in peace.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

You know that saying, love the sinner but hate the sin? The same can be said for China. Love the people, hate the human rights abuse.

Here is on example. 8 month old pregnant woman, dragged from house, beat up by several of her government captors and then force to have an abortion, all while her husband was absent. How would you like for that to happen here in the US?

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=622959&publicationSubCategoryId=200

Now, we can keep talking about many other abuses the Chinese government has committed but the truth is there are too many to even bother. A quick internet search will show how many abuses are done that are not supported by its people.

I will never ever hate any people. Love Chinese, Muslims and many other cultures and people in the world while. However, let's say the truth and admit human rights are being abused in China. Would you admit what happened in Germany during WW2 was a human rights abuse or not? It's not a crime to say the truth, right bloop?...or is it?

I reiterate. I love the Chinese people, hate the human rights abuse.

8. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I believe he was referring to the team.

If you look closely, the foul is not called on the aussie until he swipes again, which is probably an indicator of the terrible officiating mentioned in the article because he was intentionally trying to foul. The chinese paper didn't like it, and started getting in the aussie's face which would be a technical in the NBA. And his australian teammates came and backed him up, giving a little push. Also a typical initiation in the NBA. (FYI I know this isn't the NBA but I'm stating that the initiation was nothing more than a typical NBA "game within the game"). Then China went all Chinese Basketball Thugs on them, and look what happened. THAT is not a typical NBA reaction.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The typical NBA reaction is a shove each other, wait for teammates to hold you back, then leave each other alone, +/- a few other actions in between.

If this was a brawl between two teams in the NBA they'd praised for having toughness and bringing back what the NBA lost when the league became softer.

The only thing making this stand out is the fact that its a fight between a Chinese and Australian team.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What in gods name are you blathering about? What a load of crap, nice comma placement though...

11. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Um... yeah. That's not offensive at all.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Oh please the current NBA is nothing but a shove-fest and a wait-for-your teammates-to-pull-you-back.

The old NBA was when punches and bench clearing brawl occurred.

This fight you just saw between two teams is nothing eye popping 15-20 years ago in the NBA. In fact they'd be praised for having toughness and whatnot.

13. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Correct, the normal NBA is nothing but a shove fest, not a bench clearing chair throwing brawl fest. That was kind of my point. Both fights started out as shoving, and then the Chinese team went berserk.