1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Charlotte Franchise

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by KeepJuaquin, Apr 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

I heard that there was going to be an expansion draft? Can someone explain this to me? Do they get to choose to take any player they want from another team?

2. Skratchy_Seal

Skratchy_Seal Member

I think every team leaves certain players unprotected from the draft. Charlotte may pick from the pool of these unprotected players only. It could be bench warmers, big contracts, aging players, and so forth.

3. Skratchy_Seal

Skratchy_Seal Member

Oh and I think the salary cap for Charlotte will be different than the other teams. I think it's lower, but I don't know the details. This would definitely affect their draft decisions.

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

And no, Charlotte will not take Moochie off of our hands.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Because someone else will sooner?

6. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Each team is required to put 2 or 3 players on a list of eligibles. That can generally be anyone from a scrub to an overachieving player with a high contract. The expansion team has the option of building their team through this but they don't have to pick up players they don't find enticing. Nonetheless, if they select a guy from a team, they are obligated to pick up his contract.

Moochie, Rice, Taylor, anyone?

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Anyone have any idea on what this team will be called. When will they name it/unveil the logo and jerseys?

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Each team gets to protect 8 players, and a team can't lose more than one player via expansion draft...

If this board had it thier way, Steve would be unprotected and the Rockets could finally get rid of him...

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

LOL:D
    wait a minute it is true:(

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

We protect:

Yao Ming
    Steve Francis
    James Posey
    Eddie Griffin
    Maurice Taylor
    Cuttino Mobley
    Kelvin Cato
    Moochie Norris

We'll be pretty much safe from the pluckers. Charlotte won't take Boki, Terrance, Juaquin, Collie, or Tito.

11. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Wait a sec - if the Rox are high enough on Boki to call him their "2003 first rounder", wouldn't they keep him and dangle Moochie?

PLEASE tell me that's the case.

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I don't know, man. Honestly, I think Rudy would put Boki on the chopping block before the Mooch.

But maybe i'm way off.