1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New backup center Clint Capela!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hongxingli, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Yup. A striker just means you play on the offensive side. Messi probably being the most well known at the moment.

2. brooksstephens

Clutch Fans is the WORST when it comes to evaluating coaching decisions.

Troy Daniels and Isaiah Canaan???!! Really?? Because those guys are just tearing it up with their current teams, right?? Get real man. Better yet, actually WATCH a basketball game next time.

Canaan was gifted the starting job with the Sixers and couldn't even keep his minutes there. He got benched full-time for Ish Smith :rolleyes:

Troy Daniels... LOL you're clueless, man.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Thanks, thats what I thought but wasn't sure.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I was very impressed when he was standing vertical with his hands up a few times after someone picked up their dribble. He's smart it seems. Naturally talented and a high bball iq? The future is bright.

5. crash5179

Watching him play defense really makes me shake my head at some of the pre-season & draft talk about him where it was said that he had a very low basketball IQ. The kid looks like he knows what he is doing out there. The future is bright for him IMO.

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's on the first year of his contract.

7. crash5179

Funny, I wonder if there really are people out there that don't realize he was a 1st round draft pick that IS locked up for the next 3 seasons after this one. :grin:

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I've always been a proponent of drafting freaks of nature, and Clinty definitely fits that description. He is crazy athletic and has good hands. That pretty much puts his floor at Deandre Jordan. He also has good timing on his blocks and moves laterally very well which puts ahead of Deandre on the defensive end.

His ceiling will be be dictated by how much weight he can gain without losing his athleticism and his shooting touch. He has all the physical tools to be an all-star in this league.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yes he does. i'm excited to see what hakeem can teach him this summer!

10. rockbox

I'll settle for a Carroll Dawson jumphook and a McHale up and under. With Clints long arms, I think he could pull off some of McHales moves.

11. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

The only adjustment mchale needs to make is to not put clint on amare and let josh handle that

12. rockbox

I think Clint did well on Amare. He got some ticky fouls called on him, but his length definitely bothered Amare.

13. hakeemthagreat

When the same season started who would've guessed this guy would have such a important role in a crucial playoff series. Funny how the season plays out

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Clint had a rejection on Amare at the rim that was a thing of BEAUTY.

Probably overlooked because they got a putback immediately after (our weakness).

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

he was definitely getting pushed around by Chandler/Amare in the post

but in his interview he said he needs to work on getting stronger

that's a natural progression for a 20 year old big man who hasn't filled out yet

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Dude is still so lost often, but I love his energy, shot blocking ability and able to catch and dunk some of those Harden passes. Please, he's a much better FT shooting than what the # said. Great 1st game.

Imagine if he can actually improve from this and provide some solid backup C. That could be a game changer if we go far. Props to McHale for giving this kid a try.

17. Normalus

Normalus Member

Agree, the first time I saw him doing great job defensively was against Raptors (video below). His potential is through the roof!
    [youtube]D-rkbypRB2c[/youtube]

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

A young Dikembe Mutombo

19. crash5179

If his floor is 15 rebounds per game, 2.2 blocks per game and 12 points per game then he has an extremely bright future.

20. crash5179

I'm a huge fan of Mutombo but he never had hands as good as what Capela has right now.