1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Article - The Curious Case of Daryl Morey’s Point Guards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TerryGoldfain, Nov 1, 2013.

1. hltiki

hltiki Member

That's the million dollar question for lin ain't it? Actually, put in anothe form, it's which team will actually want him?

And it is that question that makes me think that jlin needs to go out there and look to score, and score aggressively,which perhaps is why the 6th man role is perfect for him.but moreover, he will get limited minutes and must display for OTHER teams, and not McHale and the rockets, what he is capable of.

However, if he does thrive, I'd like him to stay in Houston on the bench, a ring as a productive 6th man is better than being the alpha dog on a crappy team...

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of them were willing to come off the bench and be happy. Lin is the first to my knowledge.

3. yummyhawtsauce

I think LA as well. He would be well received there. Can't see him in NY though...

what teams in the East?

4. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

I actually think Lin might be willing to take less to play with the Rockets, or go back to the Warriors.
    But at least the team finally has a PG who doesn't sulk when coming off the bench.

5. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I don't know if this is possible (or if the team would even want him), but I think Lin could do well on the Pacers. One of the Pacers' biggest problem last season was that they couldn't generate enough offense and ball movement was a problem. I think Lin could help with that whether it be as a starter or backup. If he plays with the starters George Hill can slide over to the 2, which I think is better for him anyways.

Pacers also go by the team ball philosophy that suits Lin's style of play.

The only thing is there's no one on the Pacers I'd want in a trade for Lin.

6. yummyhawtsauce

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Honestly, as long as Morey can make moves and the PG isn't the star of the team or was a Parsons type steal, no PG is safe and given how the coaches seem to prefer Harden to handle the ball more then any other player I doubt many will be really happy.

8. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

No, Lin would take less to not be with the Rockets. Think he rather be somewhere else than randomly benched here.

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Answer is obvious

Starting Center + Competent Starting PG
    or
    Starting Center + Unproven hustle/defensive oriented PG

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

last one should be ??? instead brooks.

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

none of them was traded immediately. they toke backup role until trade deadline or the end of the season. we will see what happens.

12. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

imo Lin may end up a Net. we all know prokhorov will pay anything for what he wants.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Do the nets have anything to offer in a trade? Unless some major things happen they will still be over the cap when Lin is a free agent so it doesn't matter how deep the owners pockets are. Only way is a trade and I'm not seeing anything there unless they have some draft picks I'm not aware of.

14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

First one should be Alston.

15. langal

langal Contributing Member

Maybe Morey knows that the rules currently allow pgs to put up good numbers...

So the plan is to build them up, pad their stats, and then trade them!

16. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

a cursory glance at the nets shows only johnson and deron being paid in '15. lopez has a player option. its not a stretch to get rid of johnson as an expiring, and signing lin as a FA.

17. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

I honestly doubt Lin is happy being demoted to the bench. If he was happy about it, then there would be something wrong with his competitive attitude. Of course, he's a smart kid and knows how to say the right things to the media but I'm sure inside, he's itching to prove that he shouldn't have lost his starting job. Maybe having to prove himself again will push him to play better, to get his trade value up, and get a move to another team. I think Lin is smart enough to know that on this Rockets team, his playing time and role is going to molded around Harden's game. I'm not saying that Rockets are wrong to maximize Harden's game but Lin could certainly find a team elsewhere, that is a better fit for his skillset. With Morey's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if the trade happened sooner rather than later.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Lin must display for OTHER teams" . . . Spoken like a true LOF. Lin should do his best for the Rockets, that's all!

19. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Morey is a businessman, and a bit like Darth Vader in many respects. Ruthless, merciless, no loyalties to anything except winning, tends to treat his players like commodities, gets the job done.

20. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I think so too. Lin likes constancy and familiar surroundings as much as any players I have ever seen...it's the kind of thing that figures directly into his confidence level (i.e. comfort = confident). At the end of his contract Lin make take less, maybe even much less, to stay with the Rockets. And heck, if he keeps improving and is willing to come off the bench--keep him!!!