1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Allegations of Saudi Involvement in 9/11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fallenphoenix, Feb 4, 2015.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/03/politics/9-11-attacks-saudi-arabia-involvement/

2. Buck Turgidson

No idea why an Al-Quediot would want to destabilize the Saudi royal family and create friction between the 2 nations.

That said, the Saudis are not our friends but they're a necessary evil given the probable alternatives.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

First of all it is in the interest of Al Qaeda to tear down the relationship between the US and Saudi Arabia as their primary goal is to take down the Saudi hierarchy, so take it with a grain of salt.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked at all if it were true. It might mean those members of the royal family supported Al Qaeda, or it might mean they were buying peace or protection or information. We'll never know.,

4. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

This would be pretty weird, since one of Bin Laden's biggest crusades was against Saudi Arabia and their close ties to the American military. Having American military operations in the same country Mecca was the ultimate insult to him, supposedly.

This is testimony from some dude who has been in US custody for 13 years, without any outside confirmation.

If it's true I'd buy justtxyank's theory of buying peace or protection as the motivation.

To me the most interesting part of this is that the info came out as the result of an ongoing civil suit against Saudi Arabia.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

Prince Turky personally asked Clinton in 90s to take on binLaden while he was in Sudan...so its not so credible statement from mossawai

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't trust the Saudi governing family one bit. 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudi. Wahhabism is spread from Saudi. It's laughable that the West still kowtows to these guys. I mean, all kinds of heads of state came to the funeral of one of the worst despotic tyrants in the world just a couple of weeks ago.

In this context, my respect for Michelle Obama actually grew, for giving zero ****s about what they would expect her to wear.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I totally despise the Saudi royal family but don't believe a word of what this joker says. He's lying through his teeth.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Saudi royal family is massive. I have no doubt that there are some terrorist sympathizers in that group.

It isn't as far-fetched as some may think. Remember, this is Osama Bin Laden's son

[​IMG]

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Timing may be important. They may have donated money at a time they understood Al Queda's mission a bit differently. I find it not very credible that they donated after bin Laden's falling out with Saudi Arabia. And, in any case, you'd have to find some corroboration outside of this joker's testimony.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's possible that someone gave money to the group to ensure that bin Laden wouldn't attack a particular caravan because of a wife or kid or something. There's all kinds of reasons money changes hands when you are dealing with terrorists/criminals/mafia/etc. that doesn't equal support for the group.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

First photograph would appear to be doctored.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

that one does look photoshopped.

just found this video...they just kissed on the cheek first then strolled thru a meadow of bluebonnets holding hands.

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:thedailyshow.com:ac44d104-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/">The Daily Show</a></b><br />Get More: <a href="http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/">Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href="http://www.comedycentral.com/indecision">Indecision Political Humor</a>,<a href="http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow">The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

but it is not the first time bush was caught on camera kissing other dudes.

i like how obama was bad for bowing before the japanese emperor, but its ok for bush to kiss and hold hands with saudi royals.

hey, yall remember how in the aftermath of 9/11 all those saudis, including members of the royal family, were flown out of the united states before being properly questioned by the FBI? i wonder if any of them knew anything about this.

#13 jo mama, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015