1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New 2015 Hcad property valuations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Shanxter, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Shanxter

Shanxter Member

For home owners. Have you received your 2015 property tax info? I live in the heights and they jumped my house value by 20%!!!! No way that is a real valuation. 20% jump in one year!!! I am definitely disputing .

2. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

I heard on the news they're raising 90% of people's values due to all the people moving to the area......

That's insanity and a terrible excuse in my opinion. It's unfair to the current homeowners.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Just checked and mine increased by just over 12%.

Are the 2015 appraisal numbers on the HCAD website the same as what your info says, for you? I don't think I've received anything yet.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Capped out for the third year in a row. I'm 'bout ready to leave the loop, sick of this ****.

6. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I'm outside the loop, and I capped out on my increase as well. I think pretty much everyone was this year...not an inner looper thing.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I did property tax consulting as my first job out of college. Good pay with minimal hours.

It's pretty simple. It all matters on the sales in your neighborhood in the past year. I can't remember now but I knew how to adjust for sq ft, grade of home, etc. If you look at sales and it seems pretty in line, you'll be wasting your time. I think you can get 5 comparable sales off of HCAD's website. Take the avg of the two bottom lowest ones and an appraiser might take it. They usually take 3 though.

I got so cool with the appraisers that some would just take the lowest sale and give me cuts. Some were big cuts. It's more about personality than anything depending on who you get. Don't go in there all crunk LOL.

#7 sammy, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

In B4 Ziggy.

9. LonghornFan

Ziggy's prepping for the evening shift at Freebird's. For realz though, I enjoy living here but it's kinda over rated imo. I'm seriously looking at jobs outside of Texas. I want some Mountains, rivers, tires that don't bust due to pot holes every other week and I want a skull cap.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Translation: I want to own a weed farm in Colorado.

11. LonghornFan

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Just let me know when you're ready to open Clutch dispensary, I'm there.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Move to Utah, you hippie.

14. LonghornFan

Awesome post Sammy. Greatness.

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Sounds about right. The Harris county appraisals have been too far below market value. It's best they continue to raise valuations especially during such a down cycle.

16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member