1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New 1560 Lineup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by desihooper, Dec 22, 2010.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Great comment. If Lance weren't married to Goofball (at least on the radio), he would be a lot better off. Granato is just pathetic and is unlistenable to me. Somehow, some way I hope he makes it over to AM790 to join CP and Matt/Adam to create the strongest lineup possible.

I don't dislike Rich Lord as much as many. He's acceptable when the co-host carries the show. I thought he was a Giants fan.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

not sure why people rip on 1560 for not doing 100% sports all the time. Do you guys reall like listening to the same tired stories over and over again? I like having some comedy and outside stuff mixed in with the sports.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you listen to hours and hours of sportsradio every day, you have a good point. Also consider much of the joking doesn't connect well with everybody. Those of us who listen for short bursts of 30-60 minutes at a time get sick and tired of the same lame humor when we wants sports information and discussion.

To each his own. I'll take 45 minutes of Matt & Adam or CP over anything on 1560. Last time I tried it, I couldn't listen for more than one minute. Sometimes I can't see how it stays on the air.

Different strokes for different folks.

1 person likes this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Who was the guy on 1560 yesterday taking calls from people who got the # off Craigslist thinking they were getting tickets to the Rockets game? That was pretty damn funny for about 5 minutes.

Problem was, he carried on with it for over an hour.

5. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

I really like Adam, I think he was one of the better hosts on the radio, but I can't stand listening to Matt. I can't take any of his opinions seriously. He once said:

"The Rolling Stones are okay, but they are no Aerosmith"

I know its not a sports opinion, but the level of ignorance in such a comment, invalidates all his opinions.

To me its like saying "The Beatles are okay, but they are not the Monkees" Okay, it's not as bad (Aerosmith is a real band, at least), but close, because like the Monkees don't exist without the Beatles, Aerosmith wouldn't be Aerosmith without the Stones.

Not to mention Aerosmith covered a Diane Warren song :eek: , invalidating any R&R credentials.

Sorry for the rant. Matt shouldn't have opened his mouth for something he knows nothing about.

2 people like this.
  6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Aerosmith blows. Steven Tyler is a no-talent hack. Ironic that he is a judge of "talent" on American Idol now. I'd rather listen to a chainsaw carving up a tree.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Even though this is a 1560 thread, I or should I say we need to say something to get rid of Dylan Gwinn.

Gwinn, please go do a soccer show for North Korean radio please. Take your fat mighty wife too.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wow. You guys have broken Sarcasm meters.

Matt is halarious.

9. da Whopper

da Whopper Member

Agreed. I would love to hear Adam paired with Charlie. They are the two most analytical hosts on the air in Houston.

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Yeah, the traffic guy is annoying as hell.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

John Harris

12. Poloshirtbandit

Didn't listen yesterday, but that sounds like something John Harris would do.

13. Poloshirtbandit

doh should have read the last post :eek:

14. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

That's funny because I heard him say today he is from Missouri.

15. DreamRoxCoogFan

Dylan Gwinn is horrific. I can't stand listening to him for more than 2 minutes. The 10-11am sports radio spot has been a wasteland. Im somewhat glad to see that Harris and Raheel get the spot because the programming is so shoddy at that time. I don't expect them to be great, but the bar is pretty low at that time in the day so they should be OK.

I guess I listen to sports radio more than the average person because I get tired of hearing Houston sports talk 24/7. Every time I switch onto a radio station these days, all they talk about is Kubiak. The mix makes in enjoyable. Granato levels out Lance IMO. If it was all Lance all the time, his schtick might get boring quick.

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Thats a pretty decent line up. I usually catch 1560 b/c I think they're usually on when 610/790 are on commerical. I normally just flip around and whomever is having a better discussion I'll stick. Anything non-sports and most interviews I'll switch the station...

The only guy I can listen to for an entire show is charlie P. Barry Warner is pretty good but catch it randomly.

Innes keeps getting rome so I'm guessing hes pretty up and coming?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

First time I heard someone say that! :eek: :p

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

+1.

mattj, tell your co-host to make Tealwood proud! :)

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This morning I tuned in because 790 & 610 were both on commercial. The first thing I heard when I tuned in was a host talking (gloating really) about how he talked for 40 minutes about nothing sports related on his other show the previous day, then they proceeded to talk about a girl who wound up working at Hooters for about 15 minutes. Look its fine, but don't call it sports radio. Call it a bunch of dudes talking about **** nobody cares about. Mwuahahhaha. Criticism, gig on that.

20. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

dont know how much sports radio you listen to here in houston, but NOBODY talks about the rockets. its really sad. i dont have cable to i dont keep up with the games but id at least like to hear the occasional update. :mad:

If it wasnt for this site i would be lost