1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New 1560 Lineup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by desihooper, Dec 22, 2010.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Yeah I like his perspective a lot. He tells it like it is. Pretty smart guy.

2. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

He's still the producer for 610. He was never meant to be paired with Rich Lord long term.

3. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I'm not good enough but I know guys who would absolutely kill if given a time slot.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Batman and Fatty Show.

I'd listen every morning...

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Do you listen to sports radio ALL DAY? I can only take it in pieces, truthfully. So when I tune in, I hope to hear Houston-centric stuff, because I can easily get national stuff elsewhere...without really even trying.

6. Puff

Puff Member

Thanks Dakota...

Raheel and I will always be NO LAYUPS...

We will continue some sort of partnership...

7. Puff

Puff Member

Who is the grease ball?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

on blacks on the radio, I don't like ND Kahlu. He's just not that knowlegable. There are very few though (overall, not just blacks). I did like the Sunday Block party.

Sean and John were good minus all the college football. On 1560's signal, radio signals are funny. KJ who works for 1560 is a friend of mine, he used to have show on Sat and Sun two years ago with some other guys. KJ from Coogahs tonight HaHa. Anyway my dad and I were on the back from a funeral in upper east texas and i'm telling him about KJ's show. On the outside of Nacadoches (sp) we pick up the signal and hear KJ, 200 miles outside of houston.

9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can pick it up on and off here in Dallas, it's weird how the signals propagate. Sometimes it's clear as anything, sometimes it's garbled; like when I try to listen to Astros games on 1010 AM (the Waco feed).

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

From David Barrons article, SNR is now based out of Houston? That's pretty neat.

11. Stacy's knee

Stacy's knee Contributing Member

John and Lance in the morning is by far the best talk show in the city, and Sean getting his own show is genius. This new lineup looks awesome especially now that Brando is gone.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

And why are there no Asians on the radio.

Well, maybe Raheel. But still, ya know?

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Granato. He was way greasier looking 10 years ago.

14. cdastros

cdastros Member

Leabo Craig and the Sunday block party was very good. I wish he would get another show.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No Irish dudes on. Blimey. Can we get a mick up in here somewhere?

Nothing but Germans and Italians. Add in a Japanese guy, and the Axis Powers are in fully control of Houston sports radio.

16. lockmat

lockmat Member

My take: Lance is the most entertaining, level headed Houston radio personality, 2nd to Charlie in general sports knowledge.

John Harris is not my favorite to listen to. He needs to go to radio broadcast school or something. He may know his college football but is so random and doesn't know how to create conformity on the airwaves.

Sean is sort of like John but he's got radio skills. I can listen to him.

Granato is a Lance wannabe and rides on his coat tails. I loved him when he was channel 51.

I don't know why Rich Lord is so hated. He's very level headed and makes good points. He does not have the expertise knowledge of sports like Lance, John or maybe even Charlie, but he does a good job hosting a show, controlling a topic and being entertaining. He's one of my favorites.

Ennis sounds like a yankee snob.

I like the young guy taking his place in the mornings though.

ND Kalu is great at being a devils advocate and not making unsubstantiated and unfactual (pretending they are) comments.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What is Rob Costa doing these days? I liked it when he was paired up with Danny Vera.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same here. Used to be an avid 610 listener until Matt Jackson/Wexler finally left. Then I tried to listen to 1560 for a while to get John and Lance in the mornings, but straining to hear them through the static got too frustrating. So I switched to 790. Love Matt and Adam in the morning and Charlie in the afternoon can be informative, if not a little dry and repetitive. But I haven't even given 610 or 1560 10 seconds of time in months.

19. DreamRoxCoogFan

Agree with these points. I don't get why people label the morning show as frat boy radio at all. Granato plays the hopeless homer and Lance rips it up along the way. I find it an excellent mix of sports and non-sports. I hate when they do gambling radio, I find that to be a waste of time.

The station is way too football centric too. Harris needs to take some lessons from Harris on how to tone down the football. Lance could talk football all day if he wanted to (and sometimes he does get carried away), but Harris knows NOTHING about anything other than football. Its very annoying.

I don't care much for Sean either, but he's better than John. The only good parts of their show were SEC guy (who eventually has gotten a little stale) and Tony the Hatchet/Helper man Valentine, both of which are not reflections of Sean and John, but rather a diversion from their usual programming thanks to Lance.

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lord is hated because he is not very knowledgable about sports in general and his analytical skills are for ****. When he was paired with Matt Jackson for a while and Matt would make a level headed, reasoned argument and provide evidence or explanation to back up his position, often times Rich would argue the opposite. Maybe he did it to play devil's advocate, but his position was ALWAYS weak, never had any real evidence to back it up and when Matt would back him into a corner and he had no real means to refute anything he'd break out the "agree to disagree" line which was basically him not wanting to admit he was wrong. It was irritating.

I never listened to him and Charlie when they were on 610, but with Charlie's unbelievable knowledge and extreme objectivity, I'm sure he probably shredded some of Rich's arguments back then as well.

Plus, people complain about 1560 guys not talking about sports...well, I get so unbelievably tired of hearing Rich Lord talk about the ****ing Eagles. Yeah, we get it. You like them. SHUT UP.