1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New 1560 Lineup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by desihooper, Dec 22, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I liked Raheel and Nuno together, shocked to see they will not be working as partners at some point.

DD

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So is it still mindless frat humor, Star Wars jokes, and that grease ball looking dude talking about stuff we don't care about in his own life, or do they finally talk sports now?

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

It's always been an issue for me in the Kemah/League City area. I gave up, but I basically only listen while getting ready for work anyways. It's Sirius/XM on the drive in.

Also, while I used to loathe Charlie, that guy owns on the radio. Love his show now.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You forgot about Collage football....in the middle of SPRING!!

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's local as in based out of Houston, but his show will be broadcast nationally meaning it won't be Houston-centric.

I think the other national guys are also now-based in Houston as well.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the other 99% of the programming is giving college football gambling odds. It gets old real fast.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

exactly what i meant...the subjects discussed will not be Houston-centric.

I have tons of sources to national story stuff...stuff I'm not very invested in, anyway.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I also can't pick up 1560 outside the beltway and I can hardly pick it up anywhere if it's not in the middle of the day. For that reason, I hardly remember it's even there.

I do remember listening when it first came out and it seemed like John and Lance were pretty much on there 24/7 and talking about gambling.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's not going to be local for this new lineup, it will be a nationally broadcast show on Sportingnews Radio.

10. van chief

van chief Member

I work in NW houston and live in town, 790, 610, 740 all come in much cleaner

11. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Why are black dudes so shut out of this market? Other than Carl Dukes and ND Kahlu (to a much lesser degree) are there any other African Americans on mainstream sports radio? I totally agree with the "best for the job" hiring practice but since a significant portion of callers on all the stations are black dudes, doesn't that reflect a share of the listenership that needs specific representation?

This thread is a fine example of how individual opinions vary within a pool of dudes who are largely alike, so why not expand the range of criticism by adding an urban presence to the mix. :)
    My suggestion would be to go full out with an open audition, not shy away from the intent and see what happens.

This isn't 1970 and society's vernacular has variety...why not sportsradio?

1 person likes this.
  12. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Since 790 had their last major shake I'm straight 790. Love Matt and Adam in the morning.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I used to "dig" The Sunday Block Party on 610 before they got booted. Nothing wrong with a lil H-town flare to liven up the mood on a weekend. Maybe it has more to do with sponsorship?

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This guy is fan-freaking-tastic on the Texans post-game shows. Really good, I think. Great perspective, and he doesn't shill for the home team.

15. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Lesbo was building up a nice pool of sponsors. A company like Suit Mart and even some more progressive churches might consider spending a little money on programming.

16. rtsy

rtsy Member

yeah - can't beat it

17. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

I'm just pissed that David Stein moved from 610 to 1560... it was the best show at night... 610 is unbearable at night now

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

so did 610 can Henslee?

19. Fatty FatBastard

I think he doesn't shill because he isn't an employee of the station. He pretty much said that last week.

AB: Why don't you do it? If Gwinn can get a gig, your chance is strong.

20. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I personally like Rodgers and the national bent. Am I the only one that gets tired of the local guys all talking about the same stuff every hour? There's only so much to talk about.

Every hour on every station, all they talk about is Kubiak getting fired and who the replacement will be. It gets old. Having some national stuff is a good break.