1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets Sign Jason Collins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketsjudoka, Feb 23, 2014.

1. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

go ahead and elaborate.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

[​IMG]

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

It had to come sooner or later.. Lmao.

5. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Amaechi was retired when he came out of the closet.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Animals choose to be gay for attention, hero worship, sympathy, attention whoring, easy sex, and acceptance according to you.

your opinion is flat out incorrect. If you want to continue believing in incorrect things, then I by all means go for it but don't get mad when people call you as being an idiot for spouting them.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

When was I mad? And when did I say anything about animals? Animal psychology is a bit different than human.

What is flat out incorrect is the argument of

1. some animals engage in homosexual behavior
    2. homosexual behavior is natural

All humans engaging in homosexual behavior are doing so by no choice of their own.

You guys are the ones talking in absolutes with faulty logic.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

my bad, do you think some human beings engage in homosexual behavior by no choice of their own?

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Since there have been argument towards both sides of the issue, it would only seem logical to remain open minded whiles research continues to be conducted on the origins of homosexuality.

After all, what people do in their own privacy is no business of anyone else, nor are they doing anything at the cost of someone else.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think what you mean to ask is if I believe some dudes were born appreciating dongs in the same way I appreciate vag.

Yes I think some are, I also think some choose to just for the reasons I listed and I think there are motivations that fall inbetween. That is why I think the argument of is it a choice or not is moot and a distraction.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Had to rep. Pic and your moniker, classic.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Iunno about you, but no amount of side reasons can motivate me to appreciate dongs the way I appreciate vag. Maybe you are right, but it's hard to believe these aren't in the 0.1%.

Think about it, can you do it?

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Wow, I just watched the Nets vs. Lakers highlights on NBA.com. All they cared about was showing how Jason Collins was the first gay NBA player. It was disgusting how they were all over his knob.

Some quotes:
    "on the floor there is Jason Collins picking up the loose ball" - okay, he gets a rebound. Good for him.
    "Deron Williams gets fouled here and Jason Collins helping up his new teammate and lifting him up off the court" - seriously? That's a highlight?
    "And he can play ball, that's what Jason Collins can do. Keep an eye on Collins here setting the screen and Deron Williams gets open and knocks down the jumpshot" - he set an awful screen.
    "But in crunch time, it's the NBA veteran the pro Jason Collins handing it off to Deron Williams" - he passed the ball to Deron who made a tough spin floater in the lane. WHY THE **** WAS JASON COLLINS EVEN MENTIONED!? Deron did all the work in the highlight.

He's an all-NBA scrub who got signed. He played a game low 10 minutes and had the least productive stat line, yet he had 75% of the highlights.

Good for him that he's openly gay, but I don't give one crap about it. All he is to me is an NBA player, and this scrub gets the media attention and highlights which is flat out stupid.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I actually agree.

Look how much better both Memphis and Toronto got after trading that "Gay" guy.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Being the first of anything is going to attract a lot of attention. The next openly gay player is going to get less and even Jason Collins after a few days won't be getting so much attention.

Also for those of y'all who think that coming out as benefited Jason Collins why has it taken him a year to get signed to a pro-contract?

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given this thread has jumped to 6 pages pretty much shows why this is an issue. I agree Jason Collins is a scrub but him taking court is a step in social progress.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

6 pages for a guy with career averages of 3 & 3???

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

He did have career bests of 6,9

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This thread is less about Collins himself and more about how people feel about the idea of accepting openly gay athletes in sports. As such, it should probably be moved to D&D.

20. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Well, won't it defeat the purpose then, if it is moved?