1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets catch Crabbe, 4 years $70M

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2016.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Damn Crabbe and Johnson being matched, Dmo gonna get a max from the Nets.

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Awesome!

3. Lightsnowaction

You forget what GSW did with Durant to offer max and SA did with LMA to offer max.

4. mightybosstone

Just because you CAN create cap room in future seasons by dealing other players and getting rid of contracts doesn't justify you signing players to bad contracts and using all your cap space on athletes that make you marginally better. A bad contract is still a bad contract. And I don't think these moves make Portland a significantly better basketball team.

5. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

Turner contract isn't as bad as many think. Turner is better than he's looked in the past, will be a great fit in Portland.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My friend the Blazers fan said they matched because they have a huge amount of cap space and needed to spend.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think your friend should expect them to be in luxury territory in 12 months :grin:
    and for a first round team at best

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

they showed you. now they have them both. and it only cost 37 million dollars per year to do it. and you thought they were stupid.

9. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

How did re-signing their rotational players and adding three new pieces equate to being a first round team at best?

OKC fell off, will still be a playoff team because Westbrook is a stud, but lost Ibaka and Durant which doesn't bode well for them.

Clippers haven't made any big moves, still the same group of stars with mediocre chemistry and poor depth.

Spurs made a slight upgrade with Gasol over West, but may lose Duncan who is the GOAT PF.

Warriors lost a lot of depth to add a top 5 player, still considered favorites in the west.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, i just think they're clearly under teams like Warriors, Spurs, Clippers and Grizzlies so yeah, first round exit imo. And honestly i don't think they're better than us, the Mavs, the Jazz. Maybe they're better than OKC at this point, but that's just me, we'll see ;)