1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Ozark

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FishBulb913, Jul 23, 2017.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Big Bateman fan. How does this compare to It's Your Move?

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

died down towards the end 7/10

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Honestly this description sounds like a complete ripoff of Breaking Bad.

But otherwise I'm in the middle of the show/1st season and it's good so far. Some of it is kinda lame, such as:

"(1) The gay FBI agent....really lame, (2) The daughter constantly letting her emotions take over, and (3) Ruth as the manager of the strip club"

again I'm in the middle of the show. Otherwise, this show is fun

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Such an underrated movie, highly recommended.

Two Sandwiches and daywalker02 like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm on episode 6. I like it.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Better than It's Your Move, not as good as Teen Wolf Too. "Do ya laaahv me."

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Caren Kaye was much better in "My Tutor." Trust me.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I was at the premiere. It was cool seeing the kid and batemen bouncing off one another live. Kathryn Hahn is so gorgeous in person. Best looking person in the room. She might have been the best looking person within a square mile.

9. red

red Contributing Member

on episode 7 now. I want everyone to die. Everyone. maybe not his business partner of the bar/seagull place. she hot. but everyone else. And wtf was that fake close to drowning scene. no one who swims competitively, wearing a wetsuit, struggles to swim in calm water, then regains consciousness underwater and goes about their business. BS. rant over...​

Pen15clubber, fba34 and gatsby like this.
  10. gatsby

gatsby Member

I didn't want Charlotte to die because she's very nice on the eyes. But yes, totally agree that wasn't believeable at all.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Really? at certain angles she looks like a caveman.

RKREBORN, Rox11, Rocket River and 3 others like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Are you talking about the scene with the daughter? If so I think that was supposed to be artistic or something. And she was really not drowning. Meaning she was pretending to act it out or something. Regardless it was a weird scene though.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It was a terrible scene. It certainly gave the impression she was going to drown. If it had a deeper meaning, it was missed.

This also goes with the preacher attempting to drown his kid.

Drowning/death by water seems to be talked about a lot. Maybe there will be more to the story. Much like the opiate farmers are bitter about their property being flooded.

Rocket River and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

On Ep 5. I'm really liking it.

Sold lead roles. And, it is doing a good job of developing interesting and fun support characters. The whole immediate family dynamic is better than Breaking Bad, and rivals The Americans.

Laura Linney's wife role is much better than Skyler in BB. My big complaint of BB was there wasn't a whole lot of good female characters. This show has it. We have 3 interesting female characters so far, and building a 4th.

16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I think she was acting it out for herself while going through an emotional "what would it be like if I were dead" scenario. She's contemplating suicide and wondering if the pain of losing all her friends and social life (because of the move) would be better if she were dead. She's playing with the thought in her head. Competitive swimmers can hold their breath a long, long time.

Newborns can hold their breathe for a really long time - its a weird natural reflex that all babies have.

Very true - Don't forget Bateman stood atop a cliff looking into the water for quite a while, seemingly contemplating suicide as well

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree. Linney and Bateman - great combo.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I have to disagree with everyone here and say, I hate the casting of this show. Bateman is typical Bateman. I dont see the range everyone else does. The wife is annoying, the daughter is not easy on the eyes and the little hillbilly girl is annoying as hell. I cant seem to like any netflix series except Master of None, they always seem to lack something.

fba34 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought the youngest kid was pretty good, could be one of the Rascals out of Stranger Things......

primtim24, TMac'n and faraza84 like this.
  20. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

This show has the same premise as Breaking Bad. Professional with a brilliant mind in his field breaks bad to make big $. Breaking bad was a masterpiece but this show is not. Just some decent drama.