1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Narcos season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac'n, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Haven't seen a thread on season 3, and it's already been out since Friday

Just finished up episode 6, and really enjoying it so far. Glad that I haven't read up on the Cali cartel with no idea how it should end.

Loving it so far

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It was mentioned in Season 2 thread.

I finished it up yesterday. I liked it a bit more than Season 1 and 2. I felt the story was a little more faced paced and less filler. I think I enjoy shows the wrap up a plot in a single season instead of stretching them out over multiple. I also love Pedro Pascal. (You sneaka pic of me I sneaka pick of you)

After watching this season and comparing it to actual events, the Cali cartel was pretty impressive.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I enjoyed it. My only gripe would be the main DEA agent's motivation isn't clear to me. He's very dogged and i don't know why.

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I didn't think it could work without Pablo Escobar but I might give it a shot. The reviews for this season are pretty good.

5. Space Ghost

Are you referring to Javier Pena's boss?

I think it was a combination of issues. They knew the government was bought out by the Cali cartel. The Cali cartel was running a pretty non violent operation. As far as they were concerned, everything was great. There was a drug crisis in America so the DEA could continue to get their increased budgets.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. tallanvor

no i mean Javier Pena himself. Why was he so pursuant of the case when nobody else cared, to the point where it made him depressed? is the character even from Columbia? Give me some over the top back story where drug lords killed his family.

7. Space Ghost

https://www.biography.com/people/javier-pena-111615

So it sounds personal

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Season 3 was good! I actually enjoyed it more than GoT season 7.

Can't wait for season 4.

9. tallanvor

10. TMac'n

I'm in the middle of episode 7, but I just want to say I really feel for Jorge. Really enjoy his character and really pulling for him and the protection of his family (Don't ruin it!)

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

His character is awesome.

12. Space Ghost

Pena's character development might have been built up in season 1 and 2. There was no mention of it in Season 3. The only reason the show stated he went in the first place was because of the gas attack. Much of the story seems hollywoodish, but reading back on some of the people who managed to get out was pretty interesting. Miguel getting drilled into actually happened.

TMac'n likes this.
  13. prohibido

prohibido Member

CoLOMbia. No, he's from Texas, obviously. He goes to visit his family in Texas. It's not his family members that were harmed but clearly his colleagues and informants and so on.

14. AB423

AB423 Member

Leaving to visit Medellin today.. gonna do a Pablo Escobar tour and see his personal prison and where he got killed. All because of this show lol

ptR91 likes this.
  15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Meh. It's OK so far, but not as good as season two. I give it 3.5/5 SwoLy stars.

Watching it now. SPOILER ALERT: Pacho is gay. :D

Of course it's personal, @Space Ghost. He said "It's personal." :) So... it is.
    No. It wasn't.

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't expect this season to be as good as the first two now that Pablo Escobar is out of the picture, but I loved it. I thought all of the capos in the Cali Cartel were compelling, especially Pacho. The only thing that made me mad was
    Jorge waiting in the car alone while the three DEA agents fetched the accountant's family. There is no universe in which the DEA's informant would be left on the street by himself in a city controlled by the cartel. For a show where I check my brain at the door, I was so upset when Navegante got into the car because it was so unrealistic.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I finished this on Sunday, we both really enjoyed it. Like most had mentioned, I was worried the show would lose some steam but it was pretty strong for the most part........

18. Space Ghost

Pacho was one of my favorites.

@Spoiler: I completely agree with your sediment. That scene certainly didn't go down in history. Much of the show was bastardized for entertainment purposes. From my understanding, a couple of the major characters deaths motivation was unknown and used the most popular belief of what went down.
    The Cali cartel was very decentralized. While Jorge was essential to the story line, he wasnt in the middle of the mix as the show portrayed.

mtbrays likes this.
  19. prohibido

prohibido Member

I don't get the Escobar mania personally but you can also visit his finca which is a couple of hours outside of Medellin.

I like season 3 better than the previous two because of course you knew the endgame already. I'm halfway through season 3 and the remaining episodes could go in any number of directions.

20. TMac'n

Just finished season 3 and thought it was great. Better than the first 2 because you kinda knew what ultimately happened to Escobar and the story dragged more, whereas in season 3 i never heard of the Cali cartel and the show didn't slow down as much in the storyline.

Just one question:

" Is there going to be a 4th season? They elude that the DEA will be focusing on Mexico and Peña could be reinstated, but he blatantly turns it down and they don't point out a future drug cartel to target. I know they can easily put in a new face for a DEA agent, or they could use Agent Murphy from the prior seasons or the new Agents from this season"

Hakeemtheking likes this.