1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Netflix movie recommendations:

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeson332, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

30 for 30: Winning Time - espn doc about Reggie Miller vs. the Knicks. Really well put together and if you're an old school championship rockets fan you'll appreciate some stuff from the time period.

Blue Ruin - solid revenge movie where a man returns to his hometown to get vengeance on someone for what he did to his family years ago. pretty dark drama.

Jiro Dreams of Sushi - really awesome documentary. I don't care about sushi but was pretty fascinated by this, story of the 85-year old man who runs one of the most highly regarded sushi restaurants in the world (tucked away in a small section of a train station IIRC). Added bonus that the shots of sushi will make you crazy hungry.

Mud - McConaughey is a drifter named Mud discovered by a couple of kids living on a small island outside of their hometown. Good drama, stays interesting as you discover who he is and why he needs the kids' help.

The Switch - surprisingly decent rom com with Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston. Bateman's great and you've also got Jeff Goldblum shoved into a weird role that seems to not really fit at all but he doesn't care and just does Goldblum things.

Compliance - crazy freaking movie based on the true story of a prank caller who calls a McDonald's pretending to be a cop and convinces the manager to detain, interrogate and eventually do worse things to one of her employees.

2. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

12 Assassins
    Anything they have by Kar Wai Wong

3. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Not movies but Iron Chef is finally on Netflix along w/ the Layover. Departures is another good travel show.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

ESPN has put I Hate Christian Laettner on there.

They put The Price of Gold about Kerrigan and Harding on there a while back, I think I've seen that thing three or four times. Of course I've watched Elway to Marino twice as much just to see their stat cards at the end.

Maria Bamford's Special Special is on there too, she's completely bat**** but if you're a fan it's definitely worth it.

The Mortified Sessions is some pretty decent interviews with mid-level celebrities talking about their childhood. Anthony Michael Hall is kind of grizzled and Ricky Schroeder really opens up.

5. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

All is lost with Robert Redford. Pretty decent movie in my opinion.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Stop at Nothing is a pretty great documentary about Lance Armstrong.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I turned in my netflix stream for the netflix mail 18mo ago and haven't looked back. Every good movie you could want is on there.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I put some return envelopes in the outgoing slot at my complex one morning to come back that afternoon and see them ripped open. Hope they enjoyed Going Upriver with John Kerry and the God Who Wasn't There.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Cant get enough of Parks and Rec right now, yes I know, extremely late to the party.

10. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Its all good. I didn't start it until a year ago. I watched probably a season a week once I finally started it up. It is one of my favorite shows ever.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Dawg Fight:

The only way to escape the streets is fight your way out!!! It is awesome. It's a bunch of dudes in the hood, and they mma fight in a 11X11 ring with bare fist!!! The dude who organizes the fight he use to run with Kimbo Slice. This is set in Florida, obviously,hahahh! But man, when it gets poppin, you ain't got time for floppin. Real **** son!

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Recently watched and enjoyed The Babadook, The Homesman (western with Tommy Lee Jones and Hillary Swank), Brick Mansions (ok, very unbelievable, but David Belle was good). Fruitvale Station is on NetFlix now... if you haven't seen that one yet.

13. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The IT Crowd. Very funny British TV series. Probably my favorite show since Seinfeld.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

The Snowpiercer.

Gave it a try and found it interesting. Post apocalyptic world where the earth is a frozen wasteland and the remaining human population live on a self-sustaining train that travels around the world.

Without giving spoilers. Last car in the train is full of poor people and are oppressed by the "rich" people in the other train cars.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The three I've seen.

16. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

normally not into sports movies (esp hockey) but did enjoy this one.

Goon

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

No No: A Dockumentary - Documentary on Dock Ellis who once pitched a game while on LSD. Interesting guy and also had interesting stories on baseball player's drug use in the 80's. Not PED's.

18. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Recently started binge watching Star Wars - The Clone Wars.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

good movie