1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Netflix : Marco Polo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by nono, Nov 2, 2014.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

do it. everything on netflix, tv, whatever is on the web for free. You miss nothing

2. Buck Turgidson

We just caught the first 2 episodes, not bad so far. I like the actor who plays Kublai.

The song during the end credits in episode 1 is by far the greatest traditional Mongolian folk rap song I've heard in a long time.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

the ugliest actor to play kublai khan.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Just finished the last 3 episodes last night. What a great way to end it. Great battle scene at the end. And of course Hundred Eyes is a badass.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Limiting choices as a trade-off to filtering out crap. An ever-expanding array of channels has created diminishing returns for some viewers, especially with the proliferation of reality television.

1 person likes this.
  6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Finished all ten episodes in two days, what an epic f'ing series. Bravo Netflix, you hit another one outta the park. Loved the Byamba and Marco Polo friendship, it really brought alot of heart and grounding to the series.

Also, all of the major newspaper critics who called it a "flop" or "boring" can eff themselves.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah just finished this morning loved it.

DD

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Watched the first five minutes of the first episode: boring. No dialogue for the first 4 minutes and then they stop and go back in time. WTF? I don't need to watch anymore to know that this show ain't gonna be any good.

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought it was overall pretty stupid. Cliched characters, predictable plot twists (or was there just the one on who tried to kill Kublai. Whatever, it was stupid), and not great acting. And, of course, pretty bad history.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the first episode is not very good, but if it's been very entertaining so far.
    I'm on episode 7. lots of action and hoties

no subtitles needed.

11. body slam

body slam Member

I attempted episode 1 but did not make it half way. I'll have it give it another try.

12. Remix

Remix Member

Just finished the season. This show should really be named Kublai Khan and not Marco Polo.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The show is about the Mongols through the eyes of Marco Polo. Marco is the storyteller and eyes that the audience views the events through. He is a device, through which the story is told, based on the book he wrote of his travels. So it is appropriately named

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

It was an enjoyable first season. I thought it was funny how they ragged on Prince Jingass for being too Chinese, meaning he was too soft. He's not from the hood. He was raised in Bel-air. The Blue princess storyline was boring. Just added nothing.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Just got through 3 episodes. chandler portions seemed a lot taller when he was here in Houston.

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

All this time I grew up thinking Marco Polo was some stupid summer swimming pool game invented by Hispanics. Learn something new every day.

18. Omer

Omer Member

Lol yeah the actor playing Marco Polo looks like Chandler Parsons

19. Buck Turgidson

Scenery is great, costumes are great, a handful of the actors are very good, the acting in general is meh and story/history is very meh.

4.15 out of 12.34 stars

20. cebu

cebu Member

My favorite was Byamba. :)

[​IMG][​IMG]