1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Bloodline

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Bäumer, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

I've only seen the first couple of episodes of season two. I'm going to keep watching because I want to see where these characters go. Do any of them deserve a happy ending?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ditto. Watched a little of S2E1 but didn't finish then later on read that Season 2 wasn't as good as Season 1.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

New season this Friday?

btw, saw Ben Mendelsohn in The Place Beyond the Pines (Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Eva Mendes) on NetFlix last week. My wife asked... "does that ever play anything where he isn't a creep"? :D Looking forward to seeing him in Ready Player One... he plays the villain in that one too (of course).

#63 NewRoxFan, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

any good?

[​IMG]

Twin Peaks next for me....

5. Buck Turgidson

If you haven't seen it, watch Animal Kingdom, the Aussie flick that the US tv show is based on.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

New season is out!!! Goodbye weekend.

Snow Villiers and NewRoxFan like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

OK, no spoilers but watched two episodes of Season 3 and my one general observation/complain... it was a pretty long time since Season 2 was presented and it seemed it just dumped you into the start of season 3... it took a while to remember what and who and why... fortunately by the second episode we where locked back in. If they are having such a long time between seasons it would seem good to perhaps do a quick catchup to remind you where you were. Sure, I could have rewatched a few episodes from season 2, but...

9. gatsby

gatsby Member

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Binged watched it last night and I thought it should've been about 5 eps max this season. Near the last couple episodes they go into 'mind-fukery' territory and it felt completely out of place.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The episode with the 'mind-fukery' with John is the one I finished last. That one kind of blew my mind. I did not know what to believe while watching that but I think it was explained at the end of the episode.

12. Surfguy

At first, I didn't care for the very end in the last episode. But, having time to reflect on it, I think it is the perfect ending. In the end, it was a great show that maybe ran a little too long.

Even at the very end, it was unclear if John was going to confess to Danny's son that he killed his father. We assume that he did...but he had a way of chickening out when it came down to it...just like he chickened out to his Mom and lied about the father beating Danny saying instead to the cops Danny was in a car accident. John basically was a sad person his whole life after that as was the family deep down carrying the burden of those lies at Danny's expense.

I assume that John did in fact confess, turn himself in, take the wrap for Danny and Marco and whatever else, and at least was able to find some internal peace even if behind bars.

But, deep down, John was a tough nut and it is not guaranteed he did the right thing in the end. He could have just chickened out. Either way, John was in prison. In the end, I have to believe the guilt he was experiencing forced him to do the right thing even if he didn't want to do it and have it out there. John could have just ended it by taking his own life. And, the diving "accident" was probably that attempt. But, he knew that wouldn't make it right for Danny's son...who he wanted to break fresh from the family and live a normal life.

As far as Kevin, I thought he went to Cuba to escape prosecution as he said they wouldn't extradite him. Yet, his wife had GPS enabled on the phone and they tracked him. So, I guess he wasn't safe like he thought. Was that a case of John telling Kevin what he wanted to hear and what to do that was again just another lie in his long string of lies?

13. prohibido

prohibido Member

Kevin didn't go to Cuba, he went to the Bahamian islands of Bimini. The call he made to John in front of the DEA guys was a planned con that John cooked up. Kevin is obviously too stupid to think something like this through. They alerted the DEA that he was supposedly on his way to Cuba so they'd run down and capture the boat transporting the Cuban drug runner. Meanwhile Kevin is heading in a totally different direction, basically due east from Miami.

Going to Bimini and thinking you've successfully fled the long arm of the law is unbelievably stupid, even if you are smart enough to turn your GPS off.

Surfguy likes this.
  14. Surfguy

Good to know. I knew there was some misdirection going on there but I didn't catch all the details. Sometimes, I just doze a little while watching. lol

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Started it last night, hoping to finish it by the end of this week. So far so great.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So I heard that Netflix notified the show that they were getting cancelled and they had to change the writing mid season 3. Supposedly the writers were going for 4-5 seasons but had to end it here. It really explains all the weirdness towards the end.

SPOILERS here on

Episode 9 was really unnecessary.
    I think the whole gps thing is just far too silly, Lowrys sudden heart attack and death is just too silly also,
    Meg becomes a non character....
    The time wasted between Marcos death and the time the ambulance arrived for Kevin is way too long, like how old Marcos blood looked is ridiculous no one noticed.
    Kevin goes from happiest father to scared father to just trying to end it all makes no sense.
    I still think that this is the way the show should of actually ended because I don't see a situation where they show them in jail or what not. Maybe the writers wanted to stretch it by flipping the family on themselves? Kill one another lol
    Overall will go down as a show i really enjoyed and will rewatch.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

After season 1 I was like
    [​IMG]

18. i3artow i3aller

I really didn't care for episode nine.

19. Surfguy

I agree that forensics would have completely determined time of death on Marcos compared to when Kevin got shot and the crime was reported to 911 by Kevin...and blew the thing wide open. But, I chalk it up to the coroner being in on it and covering it up by "fixing" the autopsy report. To me, that's the only explanation that makes any sense. Even then, any cop could probably look at the blood at the crime scene and determine by sight that Marco's blood is several hours old compared to Kevin's blood....and the story falls apart. That's TV for you. I'm not exactly clear how long a time had passed to when Kevin murdered him and when they instigated the cover-up with the 911 call...but it felt like at least 8 hours rather than a few hours.

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

[​IMG]