1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Aziz Ansari's Master of None

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kevC, Nov 6, 2015.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Why does he have to be in the same league as others? Why can't he just be enjoyed for who he is and if you don't like it, watch something else?

Great second season with a terrific cliffhanger for season 3.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Have 2 episodes left of the 2nd season, I've enjoyed the attempts at artistry even if they don't all hit. I really enjoyed that "slice of life in NYC" episode.

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

the cliffhanger was eh. this show is too revolved around food and women, but maybe thats all ansari cares about outside of comedy.

cedric the entertainer was great, and you can tell ansari really enjoyed making that scene with deaf people sigh arguing about vagina in the kitchen store.

4. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I hated the ending. Wanted some closure. Bahhhhh. But I died laughing at his manager scene.

"What are you doing?"
    "Trying to search your soul for the truth."

:D:D:D

DudeWah likes this.
  5. omgTHEpotential

You missed the point completely, I was just stating my opinion. I agree with you, he doesn't need to be in the same league as Louis CK, and he certainly isn't. ;) I like my comedians to be comedians, and not just comedic actors doing standup ;)

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If you're talking about epi 6, "NY, I love you" with the sign language, hell yeah. That was a great episode that brought a bunch of ethnicities and cultures together in such a realistic harmonious way. Favorite scene in a long while.

mario_v and GRENDEL like this.
  7. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

I thought Noel Wells was a dime piece, but Alessandro Mastronardi is absolutely ****ing gorgeous.

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. Kendrick Lamar

Also, Bobby Cannavale did a great job, but he looked like the most suspicious character from the get-go. Villain vibes.

GRENDEL likes this.
  9. GRENDEL

Yep, that's the one. I really thought that whole episode was inspired!

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Love this show. Love it. But man...didn't like that final episode. Final two episodes honestly. Both Dev and Francesca came off as unlikable to me. Then again...maybe that was the point.

11. Kendrick Lamar

I really wish they didn't go with that ending and gave us more of a cliffhanger. I'm not happy with it. Seemed too forced or too fast.

J Sizzle likes this.
  12. GRENDEL

So she decides to stay with Dev after all that....yeah didn't care for that seemed inorganic....

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It was pretty inorganic, especially for a show that prides itself on being organic.

She was engaged, yet went on like 12 dates and shared like 15 obviously romantic moments, yet couldn't understand how that might make Dev feel used when she denies him, only to eventually not deny him.

And conversely...Dev was completely shocked and offended that she was even mildly torn about throwing away her engagement because of a fun month with him. And that is after Dev, quite openly, was going out of his way to intrude on this girl's engagement.

GRENDEL and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think there is not a cliffhanger because Aziz has said he isn't sure he is going to do any more episodes. He said there is nothing more to explore in terms of this part of his life. If he has a life changing event he said he would do more seasons.

15. Kendrick Lamar

Not only that, but I cringe at the idea that Francesca left her grandmother back in Italy to stay back. I think it was briefly mentioned (maybe?) that small towns talk, and so for her to do something significant like this is a cultural taboo. I honestly wish she went back to Italy and we could continue onto the next season.

I'm also hoping that this ending was some illusion/dream, and that this didn't really happen.

But as you said, Aziz had some real Scrubs JD vibes with his confrontation with her. Like dude, be a bit more empathetic. You're obviously capable of it, for the entire season.

But damn, I'm crushing hard on Alessandra.

I feel like Aziz has called dibs on the whole going to Italy thing. I've had dreams of spending time there; I love the cuisine, I love the culture, I love everything about it, and oh, I'm Indian descent.

donkeypunch and J Sizzle like this.
  16. Kendrick Lamar

And that makes complete sense, but I think if the show was to end, I would want it to end with a cliffhanger regardless. Leaves more to be wanted, much like his life.

You just can't rush the ending like that with the presumption that you're not going to do the show anymore. You have to keep the rhythm of the show.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.bustle.com/p/will-maste...-dont-expect-more-episodes-anytime-soon-55874

18. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

As a muslim, I saw parallels with some of the issues he put on. The parents, uncles, and the religious stuff you need to do. Was very surprised. I think I liked the side stories better than the 1st season but I thought the main story of the 2nd season wasn't as good as the 1st.

Also did not get the Zoey Deschanel vibe at all from Francessca. I was expecting a new chick to come into the series when I read the comment.
    I guess all white pale girl and dark hair looks the same to you racist CFers. Bunch of curry people.

19. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Great season 2, funny and easy watch.

It's Ansari's prerogative if he wants to do a season three. Some of you can criticize all you want, it doesn't change a damn thing on what happens.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think Aziz is creative. I like how he shot the season. He has an interesting viewpoint. He is relateable. Solid comedy & delivery. Seems mature in real life.

But in season 2... you get this middle school type love story drama nobody cares about. Coming from a 34 year old man.

#80 Ziggy, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    J Sizzle likes this.