1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Net10 Wireless

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jackfruit, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

Anyone have Net10 Wireless? If so, can you please share your experiences? Thanks.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now on my unlocked Nexus 4. I switched over from using TMobile prepaid for a month ($30 5gb/unlimited text/100 mins). Having no issues so far, data is low end HSPA connections, just a shade under 10mbps most of the time, haven't hit a test where I was over 10. From my understanding, they throttle if your using excessive data, with no set cap, just depends how much you use and the area your in if its congested or not.

One advantage of Net10 over TMobile prepay is that I can use Conditional Call Forwarding (CCF), where I can use Google Voice as my primary Voicemail service, TMobile's prepaid service, doesn't support it. I know for a fact a postpaid plan can since I was able to use it on my G1 phone back when it first came out.

Fwiw, I live in Manvel (south of Pearland) and voice coverage has been fine. Also, I'm using a ATT SIM card at the moment, but going to switch to a TMobile SIM because they changed their TOS for ATT SIM card user with a HARD/STOP cap of 1.5GB every month, but still unlimited for TMobile SIM card users.

Also, if your looking into getting the service, just buy the prepaid cards on callingmart.com, tax free and sometimes have promos for additional 7%.

If you got any questions, let me know.