1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Nerlens Noel traded to 76ers for Jrue Holiday

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tmac2therack, Jun 27, 2013.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Not suprised Hinke got rid of Holliday, he just isn't the efficient player GM's like Morey like. I think it is a good move for a rebuilding 76'ers

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Pelicans just made a dumb move, how can you pass up the possibility of a twin towers front court?? Holiday is a nice player but he doesn't make them that much better.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Noel is a Holiday

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nobody can say how dumb or smart this trade is until the end of the next year when we get a good sense of Noel's career path. I predict he's going to be just another stiff, with an absolute ceiling of Theo Ratliff, but a more probable career of Ike Diogu or one of those other horrible Warrior picks from that era.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I would have kept in NO.

For the nickname alone, Nawlins Noel. How great is that?

1 person likes this.
  6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

You get a young defensive center with great potential, and you give yourself a shot at Wiggins. Could be interesting.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You still get a shot at wiggins. If you have a top 3 pick you keep that pick.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This move is more telling about the fact the Sixers are pissed off at Bynum and are really ready to move on from that fiasco.

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Fair trade. Originally I thought Sixers gave a first rd pick in which I thought Pelicans robbed the Sixers. But now that it's the other way around, I'd say just about even right now slight edge to New Orleans since they got a proven player

10. 713

713 Member

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Funny trade from NO's perspective.

Good in that Noel/ youth is hardly what they need. ADavis >>> anything big they could've got, and Lopez/Anderson give them a nice frontcourt.
    I just wonder if PG is their position of biggest need? I thought wing was where they were short.
    Still, getting a good NBA player is a good result I suppose? There's no guarantee that anybody in that entire draft will achieve as much as Holiday already has.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

So it's only top 3 protected? Hmmm... They still look like a lotto team. Just probably somewhere around 5-10. And the next draft will be more than 3 stars deep.

I think this may come back to bite them.

I love the Holiday-Gordon fit, assuming Gordon gets healthy. But Holiday likely won't be worth Noel+one of the top players next year.

I wish they had at least top 5 protection. Then they could still tank.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's top 5 protected from what I heard and read.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sorry, if this has already been posted multiple times, but WTF is up with those names?

15. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I don't know who he styles his game after, but he may be styling his hair after:

Shane Battier!

[​IMG]

16. BuffaloRockets

Awful trade by NO. You never trade big for small. They might be better in the immediate future but they could have easily kept Noel, and stashed him away for the entire season. Which would have given them another lottery pick next year plus an incredibly deadly twin towers front court for years to come.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

Anytime you can trade something that's common (a good point guard) for something rare (a nice big man), you did good.

18. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

An Anthony Davis + Nerlens Noel lineup would be pretty exciting to watch too bad Noel tore his ACL.

Great move by Hinkie get Noel+MCW+good pick in next years draft (Wiggins?Parker?Randle?) That definitely has the POTENTIAL and a good foundation.

19. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

A big man that weighs 206 lbs, has never played a NBA game and coming off ACL injury..

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I like this trade for Philly.

It's bold and risky. Bold and risky was how OKC built their core.