1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nerlens Noel prefers 76ers trade him

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Where was this reported?

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Lightsnowaction

Still don't think I'd trade for Noel unless the injuries stop or minimized and he fulfills his potential.

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Hinkie had Russell as his man, Porizingis after, Okafor after that.

Per a guy actually in the Sixers war room and a legit connection to Hinkie, that I know. Super dead serious, alumni people.

Deuce likes this.
  5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Everyone wants out of Philly, including Young Footwork.

NN may want out, but Philly may like him too much to let go. I hear a bluff. He'll be fine when his minutes come back. Rockets/Sixers are trading "frenemies" but NN is considered by many to be a risky investment. As much as Clint frustrates me, he's getting much better. There's a better fit for us (if it were to happen) on that team. The Rox like scorers. We have one big who can dunk, another who can do a little of both and Trez' who is still learning. Do the math if Philly is your desired trade partner.

JO may be the odd man out, and wherever he goes, he's going to be a hell of a player. They don't maximize his skill set in Philly. Period.

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Embiid: NO TRADE ME

Okafor: NO! I will bite the bullet guys, trade me!

pugsly8422 and rustyrob like this.
  7. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

So maybe, NN sitting out was just to give Philly a chance to showcase JO even more. It was weird after last game, Okafor was 0-10 but the coach praised JO heavily about his defense and rebounding (he had 11 reb). NN seemed content and happy on the bench and seemed alright during interviews so maybe they know that JO is gonna be traded?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sixers have killed the relationship with NN. I don't think they like him that much.

IMO, neither JO or NN can play at the same time with Embiid. Especially NN. The fit just isn't there.

Sixers should trade NN asap and dump JO near the deadline.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Noel has attitude issues, so no thanks. He just came back from surgery and already yapping his mouth. Glad our supposed trade targets / fan favourites on here in Noel, Rubio & Bazemore are far away from our team.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I really don't want Okafor. We will have to give up some of our important pieces to get him as well like Sam.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

COD sighting.
    You do keep mentioning Jahlil Okafor. I would think he'd be past our reach asset-wise, especially with our young'uns really shining these days, but stranger things have happened.

^^ This. Sam Dekker is really playing well; he, too, can shoot, which the Rockets like, so I wouldn't want to lose him. Still, he isn't a "frenemy"; maybe Philly wants KJ back (and I guess D'Antoni wouldn't bar his departure). But we're still a ways from Okafor territory, trade-wise.

12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Noel trade would have to involve either ryno, Gordon, Beverly, or Ariza.

He is a top 10 big man in this league.

Not gonna do it.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have an impossible time imagining Jahlil Okafor showing on pick and rolls, or protecting the rim with any degree of success. His ballstopping isolations are Beasley-esque.

No thank you...

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Appreciate the info! I figured Russell was Hinkie's main target. Okafor never seemed like a Hinkie pick. Zinger felt like a Hinkie pick all the way. Figures the ownership botched it.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Of the glut of 76er bigs, Richaun Holmes is an underrated target in my opinion.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Maybe the 76ers should trade Noel to the Pelicans for Jrue Holiday. ;-)

craguin, Codman and RudyTBag like this.
  17. lionaire

lionaire Member

He was great passer at Duke and I'm sure he can do it well at this level too. It just seems like there's not really a team first mentality in Philly and Jah's selfishness has got the best of him. I agree with Cod in that he could shine under the right system.

18. BackdoorHarden

LOL.

"i'm not an 8 minutes guy"

Sixers listened by playing him 7 minutes.

LOL

SIXERS ARE COLD BRO