1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nene is back at square one in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 1, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dear lord worst trade ever.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just give him & Joe Chee the MLE. Not like they have anything better to spend it on. :rolleyes:

3. hakeemthagreat

Lawd this post is on point

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

Pure stupidity smh

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

i'm liking these jerseys. Festive I assume.

6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Funny how yesterday all we heard was "4 YEARS? No opt out?? Terrible!" And now we might lose him and it's "can't let Nene go, he's the heart and soul! Way to go Morey, you bum!"

What a joke.

Unless you've got a plan to pick up a Tyson Chandler type player, Nene is 100% vital to our success. +CP3 - Bev - Dekker - Lou - Nene = maybe still 3rd seed but with increased competition in West I don't think we will see a marked difference in record.

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

Bogut is clearly the better player. He's a great defensive anchor/rim protector that nene doesn't provide and rockets desperately need.

Your stupidity speaks volumes if you can't see that.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

NEW UNIFORMS!! I hadn't heard this. Heard it here first.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst:

Nene is 34 but will turn 35 before next season. Rockets interpreted the new rule was that they could give him a 4-year contract. They wanted to spread out the money so they could guarantee him $15M. No one here at this table or in the league thought he would play those full 4 years. That's why they have this rule in the first place. Nene thinks he's getting this 4 year offer. He didn't care about the years. He cared about how much money, $15M for the rest of my career. They miscalculated. Only 3 years which means only $10M. Nene heard, "Wait a minute, that $15M just became $10M. Deal is off." So he's back on the market.

craguin and Vivi like this.
  10. Asian Sensation

Seriously.

11. hakeemthagreat

Wait what? Bogut is a scrub. Does he have a midrange jumpshot? Does he have a reliable postgame? The answer is no. In no way is Bogut a better basketball player than Nene. Stop it, just stop

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Question to his agent: what were you doing niy knowing the over 38 ruls

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Shouldn't we be asking Morey that question?

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Honestly, as angry as I am right now at Morey, I will always admit I couldn't do better (obviously)
    Cuz if I was in the front office right now, I'd let my emotions get the best of me and tell Nene to PISS OFF!
    He wants to complain about the restructuring that is unavoidable, Piss Off. Go to another team and see how well it works out. Josh Smith would tell you not to do it. Nene's game was largely a product of playing off Harden. We've seen it before with Tarik Black, Joey Dorsey (yes I know theyre not comparable but they definitely over-performed with us.) This team made Nene look so good.

15. valorita

valorita Member

Rox will make it right somehow.
    If I was Morey, I would be calling Yao to see if can hook up Nene with a business deal in China to make up for the difference.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's gonna retire in 4 years he doesn't care about looking good he just wants the most money he can get. Why are you blaming Nene? Is it his fault Rox promised him 15M and suddenly its 10M, 30% less than what they agreed on? Look at it from his perspective ffs.

This is all on the Rox and his agent for not understanding how the rules work. And no its not Harden who made him look good how come Anderson and Capela didn't look good? Nene when healthy is an elite big man in the NBA. I hope Rox find a way to work out a deal cuz we are boned if we dont keep him.

Mazulis and Little Bit like this.
  17. psman2

psman2 Member

Clint Capela has the 3rd highest field goal percentage in the league, I think Harden did a fine job making him look good.

Mazulis and Zoplicone like this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

First off I was just saying that that's how I would have handled it so thats why I would not cut it in the front office.
    Secondly, what are you nuts??? Harden didn't make Anderson and Capela look good????? Do you despise James Harden??
    Thirdly, "elite" is way too strong of a word to describe Nene. He definitely played amazing for us last year, but it was also the best we've seen him the past 10 years so the team must have something to do with that. And when healthy? D'antoni made it a fact to make looking after Nene's health a top priority.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I meant in the playoffs, that was where Nene shined the most he shot like perfect against OKC. If it was all Harden how come Anderson and Capela didn't take off the way Nene did?

What do you mean elite is too strong? Dude wasn't at superstar level in the playoffs but he was ridiculously good, thats why he is vital to us. He provides more than his play, his intangibles like work ethic and fire are needed esp with Bev gone.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I meant in the playoffs not in general. Of course Harden made everyone on the team look good, but the other dude was saying Nene's performance was all Harden which isn't true.