1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nene injured?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

:eek::eek::eek:

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is he just being saved from wear and tear until playoffs or what?

D-rock, saleem and Tfor3 like this.
  3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Who knows. I feel like the Rockets never tell us squat. No one had any idea what was up with Ryno for 2 weeks.

BigMaloe, deb4rockets, saleem and 3 others like this.
  4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Before this stretch of DNPs Nene looked bad and really hasn't looked that good this whole year. It sucks that Wright possibly was damaged goods. Looks like MDA is giving a trial run to Anderson to see what he can do in the back up 5 role.

Vivi, D-rock, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets said it was a hip. Then they said he might be back one game, he wasn't. Then MDA said Anderson was a couple games away. Then he was back in a couple games.

Do we need to know his T-cell count? How much info do we need?

Dankstronaut likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA is just experimenting with the lineups IMO. Nene is resting.

D-rock and arabrocket like this.
  7. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Please allow me to put down "where's Brandon Wright" here in this thread, before I forgot him.

8. aroundtheblock2

Yeah I think Nene is resting and will get more playing time towards the end of the season to get him some reps going into the playoffs. I bet we see a lot of Wright and Nene in the last 5 or so games.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Wright needs to get some burn before the playoffs. Only 10 games left, will he play any games?

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Could’ve used Nene tonight, we looked too small, Blake and Drummond did us on the boards, Total was 66-52 advantage and they had 16 offensive rebounds. MDA needs to read the situation of a game and adjust, still worrisome!

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We don't know if Nene is fit enough to play.

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It's all a mystery

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nene is probably fine. The Rockets really just want to experiment and see the things they can do with a "5 out" offense with Anderson at C.

They can save Nene. Nene is best used against Steven Adams in the playoffs if the two teams meet up.

Vivi, BigMaloe, mikol13 and 1 other person like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes. It's sad to see him declining so quickly. Last season, he was awesome. I'm sure Houston would have won Game 5 against the Spurs if Nene wasn't injured.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i believe hes fine as well. hes been practicing with the team from what ive seen on social media vids/photos.

for as much as the rest police come around, you would think they would be happy nene is able to take days off and the rockets still win. but apparently sitting a game or two and its nene is hurt and cant play at all. the plan from day 1 was maintenance for nene until the playoffs

Vivi and Deuce like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@YOLO It is a vicious cycle with the #RestPolice.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Joey Dorsey looks so much like Nene now that I think about it. Not play wise but facial/features wise.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It's been more than a game or two. That's why I asked. He hasn't played in the last 4 games, and has only played more than 5 minutes in one of the last 9 games. That seems a little more than just maintenance. Yes, we have still been winning, but honestly, if he needs that much rest now then we really need a true backup in the future, so Clint can rest too. Is it asking for too much to want another real center, taller than Clint, who can actually play the position more than part time?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

its maintenance imo. we play guys who are 6'8 at the center position and thats regardless if guys are healthy or not. its just part of houstons many lineups.

another "real center" wouldn't even be playing more than part time. not on this team

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

My point!! There are teams who have backups that aren't 6'8 at the center position, who are more like Nene's size, but who can actually play more than every other game.