1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nelly killed it on ESPN First Take

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IgotNext, Jul 16, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

yo, stop slacking and post the freaking video! ! !
    (waiting in agony)

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The podcast is up already. Go to iTunes

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

no video no care.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just listened to it, and while it is refreshing to hear someone not eager to ride Kobe's d***, Nelly didn't really argue his point that well.

That female host kinda sucks at everything though.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Where's the video?

6. Swag

Swag Member

7. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Some of you guys need to invest in basic cable, LOL.

1 person likes this.
  9. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Retweeting the audio in case y'all missed it.

Seriously comedy gold.

Dwight talk starts at 1:07:10

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Just listened to the audio. Loved it, Nelly was getting after it.

But I don't get everyone has made Dwight Howard leaving about all of these other things. Nelly basically said he left because he didn't want to play with Kobe, and he felt like Phil Jackson would be able to control Kobe better. Skip sat in silence for almost the whole time, and then he comes in and says that Dwight couldn't handle the pressure and wasn't Lakers material (whatever that means?....)

Seriously, is it not possible that Dwight just looked at the two situations and saw that the Rockets were the much younger team, with much more flexibility in their cap space and more room for improvement and thought that was the best basketball situation for him? Why do all of these analysts keep making it about these other things?

11. lfw

lfw Rookie

You are wrong. I'm born and raised in NYC and a Knick fan since Ewing got drafted. There are plenty of Knicks fans that wanted Lin back. Some didn't want Lin back and some were indifferent because Felton being signed but to say that no Knick fan wanted him back is wrong.

RealGM Knicks board banned any discussion on Lin this past season except for 1 game thread for discussing other NBA games because of the arguments between long time members over Lin. There were basically no LOFs hanging around on that Knicks board after Lin left.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

It was hilarious though, as soon as Nelly mentioned Kobe, SAS sounded like he blew his lid.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not seeing how Nelly shut them up. I think their silence had more to do with the conversation being all over the place. They countered most of what Nelly said, but Nelly was just louder.

Nelly's best point was that Kobe won't take a paycut. He should have drilled that to death, as his main argument. Regardless of why people think D12 made his decision, it was definitely a personal one that could even be called selfish, but that's exactly what Kobe is doing by not taking a pay cut. Bottom line is, although both have the right to make that kind of decision, only one sets up a better chance to win (Howard's).

And i doubt Nelly knows about our rally, but that would prove D12 isn't afraid to be marketed as one of the best centers ever..

14. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

You guys need to stop getting off topic and talk about the subject of the thread.

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

you??

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

As I stated before I can't say all odviously, that is common sense ofcourse, no one can say all anything but MAJORITY yes. And a lot of those people on that board were pissed off LOF's you are wrong on that.

17. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Exactly.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Did you watch it or listen because, they were stumped. Skip was in silence for awhile and they rarely let Cari say anything but she had to take over for awhile, he basically owned. They were trying to cover but he owned them, they looked foolish. That's what I saw anway.

19. supermandan

supermandan Member

clutchfans is slackin.....usually video would already be posted! =(

20. lfw

lfw Rookie

I am talking about the board after Lin left. The people arguing all had join dates before Lin was on the Knicks so I don't know how they are pissed off LOFs.