1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nelly killed it on ESPN First Take

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IgotNext, Jul 16, 2013.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Wow...Nelly didn't pull any punches did he? He mentioned people take pay cuts to go play with LeBron, but nobody does that to play with Kobe. That was just one of many epic blasts on Kobe and Lakerfans as a whole. He even brought up Icecube.

2. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

That was awesome to call out kobe and the lakers while the show is in LA. Pissing off sas and cari was great, and he got them to shut up and be uncomfortable lol. Just became an even bigger fan of nelly.

3. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Nelly killed it

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Any link to the video?

5. cptnbreakdance

Not when you're Dwight Howard. :p

6. MONON

MONON Member

Just finished watching that. Cari ended that segment with "We are ESPN Los Angeles" tone implying " Truth be dammed, don't come on here saying anything bad 'bout Kobe!"

That was priceless!!!:cool::grin:

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

WOW. He went OFF. Nelly's got a good perspective.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

Nelly destroyed it man

9. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Video please. Someone. Anyone.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That's specifically why he didn't care much for Lin leading them to success when the Knicks had an embarrassing season and a losing record halfway through the shortened season when Melo was constantly getting ****ted on for not leading them anywhere. It's all about his boy Melo leading his Knicks, not anyone else.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I was born in Houston and raised in New York, I was there. SO don't say I don't know what I'm saying, ofcourse not all Knicks fans hate him, I don't know all knicks fans. But from my experience the overwhelming majority of Knicks fans hate Lin and it killed them that Houston beat them twice. Lin split a lot of Knicks fans into LOFs and KOFs and most of the LOFs came to clutchfans.

Also, I don't remember SAS saying that he disliked Jeremy Lin, if you have some sort of video or audio saying he disliked him, before he left then you are right, but I doubt you do. Second SAS was right to be skeptical of Lin because he was unprovien and people were accting like he was Jordan. By the way Smith was right and Jeremy Lin did not sustain his productivity from Linsanity.

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

They made it clear after the interview went awry that he is boys with DH. If he got this Kobe stuff from DH it also backs up what DocRocket was saying about this situation all along.

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

that was awesome to watch. Nelly shut them up. I have never seen Skip so silent.

Nelly - "Who was on the Magic when Dwight took them to the Finals?"

*crickets*

And I thought it was supposed to be an unbaised show. the chick kept referring to the Lakers as "we".

he made a lot of great points on the show. not only with Dwight saga but about baseball too.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

OMG Cari was soooooo mad. LOL. Ken warmed them up and Nelly delivered the final blow.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Agrred. It is as simple as that. Look at how much national coverage Houston is getting now. The lights are bigger in H-town because of Dwight.

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

ok, stupid question. who is this "ken" you guys keep referring to?

17. kcd

kcd Member

Of course Knick fans don't want to lose to Lin now. Did you not see the petition to keep Lin? There were thousands who signed the petition during FA. So no you can't say the majority hated him. Maybe you do and those you hang around with. You don't need SAS to state he dislike Lin, he disses him pretty much anytime he talks about him, which tells you right there.

18. rokit

rokit Member

Is he still a part-owner of the bobcats?

19. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That was my favorite part. Kobe never took anybody anywhere unless he had another All-Star with him, maybe the first or second round but never the finals. And the part where Nelly's starts to blame Kobe and SAS says "That's Blaphemy!" lets you know were his loyalty is on this subject.