1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nelly killed it on ESPN First Take

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IgotNext, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Fantasma Negro

She graduated from ucla, she grew up a Laker fan and showed her bias in that segment but that's no need to insult the woman's intelligence

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

First to say, unless Lebron or Durant somehow ended up at Lakers, Lakers will have ZERO championship rings for AT LEAST the next 5 years.

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Sorry for the double post, but can someone call SAS and educate him that while Lakers might have the Mount Rushmore of big men, Rox have the Mount Olympus of big men.

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Doesn't matter. Anyone can have the right intentions, but you have to know how to carry them out. Dude was always going to push away new age stars because of how overbearing and unrelateable he is. Scrubs like Farmar, Odom and Walton will put up with it, but not coddled youngsters. Gasol was always soft and 0-12 in the playoffs, so he's more of a great fit than a star in his own right. Kobe's style of play and persona doesn't work with the stars of today. Howard is more compatible with Harden, Wade, LeBron, Bosh type personalities who constantly adjust their game.

Time's change, Jordan's era of iso ball ended 10 years ago.

Media won't acknowledge that because of their own age and marketing LA.

5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Kobe want to win his way. He wants to win with subordinates like Pau and Bynum, who are very good, but not on his level. He has no interest in being on a team with anyone he can't treat like an inferior. Hence his reported sales pitch to Howard. That was his way of trying to push Howard to be his sidekick.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers do manage to get another star next year. Someone like Carmelo might think they're above this treatment. What would shock me is if it didn't play out just like Shaq and Dwight.

6. tstrike

tstrike Member

Longtime lurker, first time poster...

Nelly dissected all 3 of them in their unique way, but I was doubly impressed with how Nelly took his earpiece off (thereby ignoring the ESPN Laker Lovers producers), and engaged Champion at point blank range.

SAS had to rescue her as Nelly "barbershop b****ed" her out as she delved into homerism. Nelly is well plugged into sports (like Jay-Z) and for him to make the pronouncements he made, carries serious weight.

That HAD to make Kupchak, Buss, and Kobe cringe!

7. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I am going to have a party if the Lakers don't land any big name free agents next year

8. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Yeah, that would be crazy if they couldn't pull it out.
    I think if they get anybody, it will be Paul Gerorge. And even that is a tall order

Lebron not going. I like how they are trying to plant the melo seed( by saying Kobe really wants to play with him) but I think for melo, it will come down to the money for him. Making him Most likely stay in NY.

Who else is out there that is big they could get?

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

0% chance anyone besides Indiana has Paul George on their team in 14-15. The best player they may sign IMO is probably Danny Granger. Melo maybe a longshot.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I was talking basketball-wise, not her IQ. Her statement: "You already know we comin strong, that's what this franchise is about" was as moronic as it gets, even SAS intervened. PS: Everyone can graduate if he has the right mindset.

11. Dedicatedrocket

i watched it again.. this lady is the most ignorant person ive ever seen on espn.. thats why ppl dont like the lakers also. There fans are complete flip floppers! the most annoying fans

12. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Stupid Laker lovers being stupid...
    Nelly is 100% spot on. The Lakers and Kobe are the most arrogant team and player in the league respectively. What other team's primary recruiting argument is "Come play for us cause here you'll be a Laker"? It's like they assume that every single person on earth had the childhood dream of one day playing for the Lakers. And in the face of major suckage for years, all they can say is "We're the Lakers, we'll comeback in no time. That's what we do." and they expect everyone to eat up all that garbage and play second fiddle to an egomaniac like Kobe. They completely deserve what they have coming.

13. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

the thing is, none of these stars (guards at least) want to play with kobe! Stars like having the ball in their hands and making things happen. everyone knows kobes style play is give me the ball and get the rebound. No star guard wants to feel restricted to where they cant play their own game.

If anyone they'll land a big guy.

14. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

15. vince

vince Member

I have no ill will to LA or the Lakers. THEIR ARROGANCE has greatly benefitted Houston. First when the basically gave the Texans to Houston after the league was trying to give them the NFL team on a silver platter.

Now Dwight Howard bolts because the Lakers and Kobes ego could not bend a little forHoward. it seems that Kobe Bryant wants to win a title without Phil at the helm. Lakers accomodated and got D'antoni.

Thanks Lakers for your ways. Because Houston who twice has put in the work took advantage of the situations.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Cari is such a homer!

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I just watched the video. Wow, the media just want to blame it all on Dwight. First of all Dwight is his prime HE WANTS to win now. The Lakers don't have a team to win now. Their plan was to bring Dwight Howard back and rebuild around him for the next 3 years. Dwight doesn't want that! He wants to win now! And the Rockets have a better roster than the Lakers. Who wouldn't choose them? And the Lakers won't get Lebron James or Carmelo Anthony next year. They are pretty much done for the next 2 or 3 years. They should suck for Wiggins in 2014.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

She's terrible. She has no business hosting a show on that network. The only thing she's good at is letting those two idiots ramble on to each other unchecked because she has no idea how to 'moderate', probably because she doesn't know what to say. That's why she's there, to look pretty and let the buffoons yell at each other for 2 hrs.

19. SuperManRocketz

Well he did get Shaq traded..lol..i think no one wants to play with him at all..you dont hear any all star players say im goin to LA to play with kobe and win a championship..Nelly keeps it real..

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I totally agree with you.