1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nellie's revenge

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tiger0330, May 1, 2007.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

wow, you too? thats the exact thing I was looking at lol

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

From what I have read Nillie looks like a class act and true basketball genius. I knew something was fishy when he just left the Mavs out of the blue, now I understand what a ahole Cuban really is. Think about it Nillie went against covention wisdom and took a lot of criticism for drafting 2 players that are now the top 2 contenders for MVP honors. This guy knows how to work a draft look at Josh Howard in the last pick. Even know the guy pulled a lopsided deal with Indy by givng them his rejects and over paid tweeners for solid players like Jackson and Harrington. The guy looks out for his player like his own kids and that really shows when the play with heart. I think that is what is wrong with the Mavs now cause they have lost their heart and desire. 4-5 years ago Mavs used to be the Warriors, completely careless and free flowing and now they are tense about the idea of blowing up this huge season they just had. i think the pressure is getting to them since they are now the favorites and not underdogs.
    I really respect Don Nelson and all that he has done in his great career. I hope he takes Cuban's heart out and eats it ! ! !

3. RocketsMVP

RocketsMVP Contributing Member

Just another reason to add to my list of why I hate the mavs.

4. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

GOOOOO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(that's until we see you next rd!!)

5. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

all 3 times a 60 win team has been upset in the first round of the playoffs, the winning team lost in the second round.

6. sbyang

sbyang Member

It would have been fun if he threw a miss Nowitzki in there......

7. edwardlo

edwardlo Member

You know who would I cheer for tonight. The Sour face of Cuban will be priceless.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Exactly what I was going to say

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I really hope Nellie can win a championship before he is gone for good (not against the Rockets, though :) ). He is an innovative coach, not afraid to go against conventional wisdom. I like people who like breaking conventions.

10. KnoxRocketsFan

This is WSJ, a very formal business daily newspaper, it;s not your typical SI and ESPN articles

11. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

When you think of the Golden State Warriors one image comes to mind.

"THE MIGHTY DUCKS"

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Somehow they always found a way to win.

12. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Looks like Nelly gets the last laugh. Good to kno good guys win in the end. =)