1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need travel help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikol13, Feb 20, 2023.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Hey all…

I want to travel to Thailand solo in June/July. My gf will be there visiting her family and we are surprising her. I am going to ask her to marry me. We have discussed it, so, I know she will say yes.

I basically just need advice for flights. What airline? Should I use something like booking.com or Travelocity etc. etc.

Any help would be much appreciated. I want to buy my tickets ASAP.

For the people coming in with jokes, no she is not a ladyboy:p

Two Sandwiches and Exiled like this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Zyzz died there.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

flights.google.com Good luck.

OmegaSupreme and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I smell an exclusive book deal in 20 years about how you were kidnapped, tortured for your crypto passwords, then kept in solitary in a prison until released due to a deal brokered by the Trump Jr administration (you had to pay them with your one secret crypto stash you didn't admit to having).

5. mikol13

Supporting Member

Working on the book now. This happened to me when I was in my 20’s. Or it was mushrooms. Read the book to find out the truth.

B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  6. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yeah I get it. I’ve done that. Prices are all over the place. What airline is going to have the best odds at keeping me alive?

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Not in the States, so not sure what the best option is there, but skyscanner is a great resource

Enjoy the trip!

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Just fly a big airline if safety is your thing
    Singapore Air has a great reputation, and no doubt has a way of you getting to Thailand.
    To save a few $, go to Singapore first (big airline) then Flyscoot to Thailand. Scoot is owned by Singapore Air

I've booked a couple of trips later this year, and Singapore has been amongst the cheapest major airlines

rocketsjudoka and mikol13 like this.
  9. mikol13

Supporting Member

You rock, thanks!

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Any credit card points to play with?

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Just make sure to check for an adams apple first.

Bono likes this.
  12. CrazyJoeDavola

Thailand? Getting married?

[​IMG]

ROCKSS likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are you looking to fly as cheaply as possible on a reputable airline, or are premium cabins a consideration?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Congratulations! I’ve been to Thailand, truly a fascinating country that I enjoyed very much, but it was so long ago that any advice would be hopelessly out of date. Good luck!

mikol13 likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve flown scoot several times and yes they have great deals. One problem I’ve had though is that I haven’t been able to book Scoot online form the US and have had to have family in Singapore book the flights for me.

Also getting to Singapore first and then flying o Thailand might be more expensive than flying to Bangkok for the US. It will certainly a lot longer flying as singapore is further from the US. I would recommend looking into flying to Hong Kong, Seoul or another Asian hub that would be cheaper than going to Singapore. You would most likely change flight anyway in one of those hubs.

I know from Hong Kong there are plenty of cheap flights to Bangkok and you could fly in Thai Air which is pretty good service for the price. Otherwise there is Air Asia, Jetstar, Dragon Air and etc. which are discount fliers.

I don’t know where you live in the US but generally flights for the west coast to Asia are cheaper with more selection. What I’ve done many times is fly to the west coast in frequent flyer miles and then to Asia. One option to look for is Air Canada which often has the lowest fair and better service than US carriers.

Two Sandwiches likes this.