1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need to get these refs on a viral video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 20, 2018.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Expose them pls

1. Iggy clearly steps out before his put back dunk
    2. Pj tucker fouled on a drive.. twice
    3.Green Charge on harden

there is much more i cant remember please feel free to add....i wont let this nba refs off the hook anymore

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Refs have been a very small reason for why the Rockets are losing. The Rockets are losing because they are playing some terrible basketball.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This isn't a good game to use for this topic. Maybe wait until we're shooting better than 5% on layups.

4. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

I’ve seen much worse officiating. We’re not playing great

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  5. Aware

Aware Member

Refs are ass but were down because were not making layups and gordon is not boxing anyone out

SORF, Lawlruschang, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'd make the argument the Rockets are playing terrible because the refs got in their head. They're overcompensating for contact on these drives because they know they're not gonna get the call.

7. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

i agree...but it changes momentum. Instead of being down 4 you are down 9 even though you are playing them even. Cant have obvious calls just skate by.
    We are playing bad agreed, but give us the same calls you are giving steph and KD, just show some freakin balance. Dont give me the home team BS either

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly
    Bad refs affect all aspects of the game

Rocket River

9. HookemHorns1250

Been some missed calls, but it certainly hasn't been bad enough to change the game. Lack of boxing out, and missing lay ups will kill ya.

tycoonchip and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No disagreement BUT the ref's job is to discreetly disallow the rockets from closing the gap once the Rockets pull their collective heads out of their asses in the 2nd half.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rockets are missing lay-up because they are getting pushed on their hips.

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

We started out the game playing fine, it was when we started getting ignored by the refs that our troubles began.

SORF, bj3175 and ReignSupreme like this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yes we havent gotten the benefit of plenty of plays but complaining about refs too hard right now just makes us look like butt hurt rockets fans.

Rockets need to play better in the 2nd half. Cp3 is atrocious tonight and no one can finish at the rim

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If your gonna call touch falls, cool, but give us touch fouls also.

If your gonna let them play physical, cool, but let us play physical also.

But we are losing because of 3 things.
    1. Missed layups- we could easily have another 10-20 points
    2. Defensive rebounding - Gordon needs to fuuucking box out. We can’t give them extra shot opportunities.
    3. Turnover battle - we have to take better care of the ball and we need to start forcing some turnovers. We can’t give them extra shot opportunities, damnit, we need those extra shots.

topfive, waytookrzy079 and BigggReddd like this.
  15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Then they dont deserve to win. If they deserve to win then they will overcome this. They might nut up this 2nd half.

They just need one game at oracle and need to protect home court. If we lose this game and win game 4 then we still go back home tied 2-2.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i can't understand the surprise on this board when i fuking posted a few days ago, yesterday, a few hours ago that marc davis would be controlling this game. this is a scheduled fuking loss and there's nothing that can be done from HOU standpoint. hopefully tuesday it's different

DeadGato, Red.Glare, hakeem94 and 7 others like this.
  17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Cury just grabbed Tuckers arm to keep him from getting the rebound and no call

hakeem94, waytookrzy079 and Remlap like this.
  18. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

if we had anything resembling a respectable offense then i would complain about the refs. the refs aren't the reason we're missing layups.

bj3175, topfive and Harrisment like this.
  19. Mr. Space City

who cares.

nobody outside of rockets fans will care about the refs being bias against the rockets who most of the nba world thinks the refs favor.

this is what the nba and nba fans want.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The physicality on our drives (of course the minimal IQ broadcasters will not touch on, just keep harping about our layup numbers) versus the ticky tack fouls required to get a whistle for the Warriors players is night and day.

If people do not think that corrolates to other aspects of the game then I don't think they've actually played a basketball game before.

The Warriors benefited from bullsh*t calls to a tune of 9 points in the first quarter.

What a huge coincidence the Rockets were down 9 after the first, resulting in a change in their approach having to play catch up.

A blatant hatchet job by the league, and at this point I wouldn't feel sorry at all if Adam Silver vanished mysteriously never to be heard from again.