1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need some good Vegan/Vegetarian Recipes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Castor27, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Long story short: My co-worker next door and I built a new conference room next to my classroom. We haven't used it yet and decided to have lunch in there next Friday with his wife and a couple of other co-workers. He is vegan or vegetarian (I'll find out after this class an post which to make it easier to find the right recipe). I want to cook something light for us for lunch but have no idea what to make. I'm looking for good recipes that even us carnivore's would like.

Edit: He is vegetarian but doesn't eat eggs, if that helps.

#1 Castor27, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

My personal Veggie Fajitas recipe (I'm vegetarian)

1 block of firm tofu
    1 onion
    2 bell peppers
    2 cups brown rice
    1 can Vegetarian beans
    1 half jar hot Picante sauce
    1 Avocado (optional)

A) Cut the tofu into slices. Cook on sauce pan with oil until it is slightly brown.
    Then pour the Picante sauce onto the tofu and let it simmer. Cook the tofu for about 15 minutes.

B) Do the same with the onion and bell pepper. Cut and dice. Then add the Picante sauce to let it get some nice taste.

I end up using about half a jar of Picante sauce combined for the tofu and vegetables.

C) Cook the rice.
    D) Heat the beans over stove top

Get soft fajita and add cheese if so inclined.

This should be good for 2-3 people. Prep time is about 10 minutes and cook time is total about 20-25 minutes. The key here is cooking with the Picante sauce.

You will need two saucepans. 1 pot to cook rice. 1 pot to cook beans.

1 person likes this.
  3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Is he Indian?

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

tom ka- go buy a package of thai recipe ginger and it tells you how to make this soup, substitute the chicken with your favorite vegetables, check out some chayote squash

Chilli- again do what you do except no meat and add your favorite vegetables

fresh salad- iceberg, romaine, spinach and cut up some cucumbers, tomatoes whatever you'd like

grilled corn- soak the corn in in water for about 30 minutes and roast them like normal

smoked potatoes- one way would be to dice them up and and some season of your choice with cilantro, green onions and white onions

another way is to wrap them up baked style

1 person likes this.
  5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nope, has Hispanic heritage.