1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

need help, work issues?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ipaman, Feb 29, 2012.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

so the situation is there is a fitness training company that just got bought out by some foreigners. they brought some foreign trainers with them but they kept a few of the old trainers (all American) and promised jobs and salaries, etc... . The negotiations with the American holdover staff was all verbal and they ended loosing about large % salary from the verbal agreement. verbal I know so not much to do with that. also some paychecks are over 3 months late but i can't confirm that all other trainers had the same issue. I only know of 3 for sure, all holdover staff. Can't prove the foreign trainers paychecks are on time but I suspect they are.

the other blatant ongoing issue is that they changed the name/colors/logo/etc... as expected. however only the new foreign trainers got gear with the new look. when one holdover trainer asked for gear they told him there wasn't any and they were on order. however the next day a new trainer arrived (also foreigner) and the holdover witnessed the owner handing a package of gear. as of right now still no gear for any American holdover.

also one of the trainers was fired for sort of complaining about these issues. after he was fired he threatened to take his customers (very loyal to him) to another place and was quickly re-hired.

so I need some help here. could this be discrimination and how to prove it and to who? also how to be a whistle blower and not lose your job?

thanks!

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

call INS? :confused:

3. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

It sounds to me like the writing is on the wall. Find another job quickly and expect to be laid off or fired at any time. Focusing any legal action on unpaid wages, rather than a possible discrimination claim, may be a better use of your energy.

1 person likes this.
  4. ipaman

they all have work visas, paperwork is clean.

5. ipaman

i agree with this and am suggesting this to my friends but i feel bad for those guys having to go through that.

6. updawg

updawg Member

Der takin our jobs

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

What state is this in? Some states have better laws than others.

In Texas, your employer doesn't need a reason to fire you.