1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need help valuating an autographed MJ card

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by DooghMaster9, Nov 1, 2011.

1. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I won this card in a free throw contest when I was in 8th grade. I just found it in storage, still in pristine condition. I literally have no knowledge of the sports memorabilia market and am just curious if its worth anything. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

First thing you will probably need to do is actually save the pictures to your hard drive and then post them here through an image uploader service like tinypic or imageshack.us

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'll give you $1.99 and a slightly eaten Taco Bell chalupa.

4. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

In this day and age you'll probably have to take it to somebody who can authenticate the autograph and grade the card, which might end up costing more money then you'd be able to get for the card itself.

Your best bet would be to probably just put it up on ebay and take whatever you can get for it.

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

^ This. The cost to authenticate the card will eat most or all of your profits. PSA/DNA wants a $100 to authenticate a MJ auto.

[Edit]...hmmm...maybe, maybe not. Just checked ebay - You'd get around $25-$75 (tops) for an unverified MJ Auto but if you are selling as a new (or very low fb) user, expect on the low end (or lower). The PSA/DNA MJ Autos are going for $200+. But there is the gamble that PSA/DNA comes back and says its a fake (even though it may be real - they aren't perfect).

#6 ArtV, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He could list it as a "Buy it Now Or Best Offer" at a fixed price and see what offers he gets.

I guess the OP said he just wants to know what its value is though.

As ArtV said - just poke around ebay for a bit to get a gauge of the value of an MJ auto.

I acquired an MJ Rookie about 3 years ago and I had it graded by Beckett. Cost me around 230 bucks to acquire the card (traded it for a PS3), and then about another 50-60 bucks to have it graded.

It came back a 6.5 which was about what I was expecting. Its current value is probably around $450, probably a little bit more now that its almost Christmas time.

8. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

thanks a lot guys, i appreciate it

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

^ good idea. Using the BIN or BO will take away some of the beatdown you might get for low feedback or not being authenticated. You don't have to sell but if someone does make you a good offer it's your option to take it or leave it. And BINs are cheap (@50 cents to list in that price range).

If it were me, I'd put up a $99 BIN or BO.