1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need help, serious response only please.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Actsao, Aug 9, 2010.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i feel like crap because i'm actually type A+ but just not willing to part w/ either of my kidneys :(

i wish you the good fortune of finding someone out there who can though

1 person likes this.
  2. updawg

updawg Member

Hope you get one, Best of Luck

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm a B.

Good luck in your search.

4. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Why would you even post this?

Who cares how you feel?????

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

How can he post? How can he post?!?!?!? :mad:

6. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Trust me, he's not the only A+ on here not willing to give up a kidney.

7. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

You are guys are F'd up.....

even if you are not willing to donate a kidney no need to state it...

Just remain silent.

The OP is in a fight for his life...

I really don't find any humor in the situation...

8. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

No one is laughing.

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Screw off Sir Jackie Chiles!

I apologized and found that is was a lame attempt to lighten the mood for the OP!

Your ass has no right to call out anyone for creating dumb ass posts. I've seen your asinine comments on the BB, so don't act like your **** don't stink!

10. Actsao

Actsao Contributing Member

A bit of info in case you are wondering.

Please don't feel bad if you can't donate, it really is a lot to ask.

http://www.kidneyregistry.org/living_donors.php#recipient_benefits

Donor Risks
    Mortality Rate
    Although more than 6,000 living donors in the United States donate their kidneys every year, the procedure is not without risks. The donor surgery has a .03% mortality rate (i.e., 3 in 10,000). As a point comparison, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, the 2007 infant mortality rate in the United States is .64% (e.g., 64 in 10,000) indicating that it is about 20 times riskier to be born in the United States than to donate a kidney. Additional information on mortality risks.

Life Expectancy
    Donating a kidney is major surgery but does not appear to reduce a person’s life expectancy. Interestingly, people who have donated a kidney outlive the average person. (Reference: Fehrman-Ekholm, Ingela 2,3; Transplantation, 64(7): 976-978, October 15, 1997.) This fact has fueled an ongoing debate over why kidney donors live longer than expected. Some experts believe that it is simply a selection bias since only healthy people can be selected to be living donors. Others argue that the altruistic act of giving the gift of life and the happiness and satisfaction that follows has a positive impact and leads to a healthier and longer life.

Complications
    In addition to the mortality rate, living donors face the possibility of post-operative complications such as bleeding, wound infection, fever, etc. Most of the post-operative complications are generally short-term and can be addressed with quality medical care.

Recovery Time
    The two types of kidney removal procedures, laparoscopic and non-laparoscopic, have very different recovery times. Laparoscopic kidney removal is less invasive and allows the donor to be discharged one or two days after surgery and to return to work in one to four weeks depending on the donor’s occupation. Non-laparoscopic surgery has a longer recovery time. When donors register with us they can set a preference as to what type of kidney removal procedure they are willing to undergo. However, the ultimate decision is still up to you in consultation with your healthcare provider.

11. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Well, I went and donated blood today specifically to find out my blood type and see if I can be of any help. I don't know when I can find this out, though. Anyone with experience donating blood know how to go about acquiring this information?

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Acstao, I sincerly apologize for my asinine comments on this thread.

I was just trying, and failing I might add, to lighten the mood.

Hope you find that kidney and hope all is well!

I hope you accept my apology. :(

13. Actsao

Asidd_1990, dont worry about it!

Life goes on! :grin:

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

there's nothing wrong with stating a truth. it doesn't make one selfish if they are not willing to donate. i'm sure there's a lot more factors to it too. as a donator i would hope that you speak with your family about. it's not as easy as yes or no.

1 person likes this.
  15. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Well, it's a better/more honest post than most other people here who say something along the lines of "Sorry, I'm blood type X. best of luck to you." - as if to imply that if they were the right blood type, they would have donated.

1 person likes this.
  16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

they send you results of your blood type a few weeks later.

17. Actsao

It seems that this thread will get drown out over the next few days, can you guys suggest some forums or websites where I can post this as well?

Thanks!

18. Rockets87

Rockets87 Member

I know this sounds odd, but you might try creating a facebook page, millions of people are on there and maybe someone can help. If it's ok with you, I'll keep you in my prayers

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Talk about weak character. Are all of you willing to solemnly swear that you would donate one of your kidneys if you were a match? Atleast pippendagimp was honest about it. Can't stand people like those above, phony ass *****.

Moderators, I think all the above posters need to be neg repped for being pathetic. Actsao, best of luck to you, it really would be amazing if you found someone through the internet. But do ask around about the black market in places like China, India and Malaysia. Who will perform the procedure, the types of facilities that would allow it, how sharp the guy in charge of anesthesia is, etc. If worse comes to worse, you gotta put up a fight.

1 person likes this.
  20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

It's not like they said, "But man, if I was, you'd like totally get mine." Hell, maybe they're relieved, not knowing if they could commit to something like that. Could you hold that against them? Besides, you're making a jump in judgement of character to assume they wouldn't help if they had a matching type. You may be right, but you may not. Perhaps the responses seem hollow to you or others here, though I disagree, but calling them out isn't exactly constructive.

Actsao, if nothing else, you have the clutchfans hoping and praying for you, and that can't hurt. Positive thoughts and prayers for you on finding a donor.