1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need help finding a jacket/hoody

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by droxford, May 8, 2013.

1. droxford

droxford Member

I would like to buy a jacket that meets very specific qualifications (specifically, for playing golf in Houston during winter):

1. jacket should have kangaroo pockets in front (the pockets don't need zippers)
    2. jacket and hood should have inner cotton/fleece lining for warmth
    3. jacket and hood should have outer shell to block wind and water (water and wind resistant)
    4. jacket needs to be thin and flexible, not thick, bulky, or crunchy
    5. jacket should fit snugly, not loose (shouldn't interfere with golf swing)
    6. jacket should have room under the chin for keeping head down during golf swing
    7. jacket should have a zipper front (not pullover)
    8. jacket should not have elastic waist
    9. sleeves should not have elastic cuffs
    10. hood should have drawstring
    I've been to a gajillion sites on the internet that have something close, but I can't find one that meets all of my qualifications.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Damn, that list is Anna-Megan'esque.

1 person likes this.
  3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Go to a tailor?

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

my suggestion is just buy a regular hoodie and suck it up, it's a hoodie not a swiss army knife.

5. droxford

droxford Member

I already have a regular hoody. Wind goes right through it and it doesn't block any moisture. I could layer over it, but then it starts getting too bulky, loose, and unmanageable.

I would think that my requirements aren't unreasonable.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Stop blaming your gear and practice your swing more. Put those hours in on the driving range :cool:

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:p

8. droxford

droxford Member

You guys are confirming that, for some strange reason, the jacket I seek is hard to find.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

No jacket is a jacket without a power outlet. That way you can charge your phone, watch TV, be on your laptop all day everyday while you hang out no problem.

10. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

11. droxford

droxford Member

Thanks! That second one is very close (the first looks a bit too bulky and crunchy).

The search continues, though. It shouldn't be so difficult....but is.

12. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Go to REI

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  14. droxford

droxford Member

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Unfortunately I've only seen it online.

Someone reviewed it on amazon and described his body size to the XL size he bought. Don't know if that helps any, but amazon and sellers on amazon tend to have generous return policies anyways.

http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Tec-Mens-Casual-Route-Hoodie/dp/B005P6TR3K

[rquoter]This is my second Hi Tec jacket and I continue to be impressed with their stuff. The Casual Route Hoodie is a very light windproof & waterproof jacket that works well as a standalone in milder temps or a layering piece in colder weather. The jacket is definitely effective at blocking wind, purposefully tried it out over just a t-shirt on a breezy morning in the mid-20s and found it keeps wind out like a pro. Keep in mind this isn't a heavily insulated jacket, so I'd normally wear more than a t-shirt at those kind of temperatures. Water beads up on the jacket very nicely, and the quality level here is really high, very solid construction & materials with waterproof zippers & comfy soft lining. It has an understated, sporty look & I've gotten several complements on it.
    The fit is pretty generous. I am 6'2" 205 lbs and got the XL, but might have gotten the L if I had tried it on first. The sleeves are more than long enough (and I have long arms) and plenty of room for layers. It you typically prefer a more athletic, trim fit I'd recommend sizing down.
    The only knock I have is that the waist drawstring doesn't hold really tight. Not a huge issue, but if you cinch the waist down tightly it doesn't hold too well. Not enough of an issue to worry over for me, and certainly doesn't outweigh the positives. A handsome jacket that's well-made, windproof, waterproof, and comfortable - very happy with it.[/rquoter]

16. droxford

droxford Member

Yeah, I read that, which is why I want to make sure I get the right size. I'm 6'0 and usually wear a large. I noticed that the first link you posted at 6pm.com only has the jacket in XL. Now, it's just a question of finding it in the right size.

17. what

what Member

Houston has a winter? :confused:

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Maybe buy a jacket from a golf apparel manufacturer, specifically designed with golfers in mind? Nike, UA, Addidas, Polo Golf, etc...

19. droxford

droxford Member

They seem to all be pullovers, not zipper-front...

....and not hooded.

20. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member