1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need Help Booking Cruise...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Mar 11, 2013.

1. 713

713 Member

For graduation present, parents are willing to let me go on a cruise with couple friends. I got the honor of picking a cruise line but I have no idea what I'm doing and my parents are no help. What are the general guidelines in picking the right itinerary.

(2 Parents and like 3 teenagers including myself.)

Anybody know website for booking?
    I hear Disney Cruises are the best one but I never been on a cruise before.

Some tips would be appreciated. :grin:

2. 713

713 Member

Looks like all the Disney Cruises this summer has field up :(

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nevermind. I tried to link you to a hilarious Onion article recommending cruises, but it has the word "****" as part of the link, so it gets corrupted by the BBS profanity filter. Just google "Onion Cruise" and take your recommendation from there!

1 person likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Are you sure you're going to graduate? :)

1 person likes this.
  5. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

I heard carnival cruise has great rates!

1 person likes this.
  6. 713

713 Member

iPhone auto correct is too strong.

7. Anticope

Anticope Member

What's your budget like? How long of a cruise are you wanting to do? Being around age 18 I assume, I highly doubt that you want to go on a Disney cruise that's going to be full of families with small children. I've been on a few cruises and Carnival wouldn't be at the top of my list as far as cruise lines, but it's one of the more affordable if you're trying to stay within the budget and they're easy to access from the Houston area.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Disney? For a graduation cruise?

Go on Carnival. If you do Carnival, do the one that goes to Belize, Isla Roatan (Honduras), and Cozumel. That was my fav. I also went on an eastern Caribbean Cruise to the Virgin Islands etc....

I enjoyed the western better.

9. 713

713 Member

Anywhere between $250-400 per person. We wouldn't mind going to disney cruise but it looks like they are all booked this summer till September :(

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

Yeah, it's going to be tough to find anything in that price range over the summer, especially this late. Carnival has them starting around $479 out of New Orleans right now, so you might have to sweet talk the parents...

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I hear they offer complimentary blue plastic bags when you book a 7 day cruise.

1 person likes this.
  12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

eastern carib > western

13. Granville

Granville Member

For that rate, you will have to go in the fall or winter. Disney is expensive and geared toward little kids. RC is more expensive than Carnival. Carnival is a Party Ship and least expensive line sailing out of Galveston.

Haven't sailed Princess but that's kind of an older crowd.

14. Granville

Granville Member

I'm going to those ports next month on Royal Caribbean.

15. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Go with Carnival, and be sure to get on the ship called "Triumph"

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Do you like onion sandwiches?

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

You're better off using the money on a road trip.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm going on a Carnival cruise in May. We booked before the whole Triumph fiasco. We've done the all–inclusive and both loved that. We're gonna give cruising a try now to see which we like better. I am not expecting it to be better than the all inclusive we did, which was in Punta Cana.

Our cruise is scheduled to go from Ft Lauderdale to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We booked probably the cheapest cruise we could find as we're not sure how much we'll enjoy it. If we do, we'll spend a little more on the next one.

19. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Have cruised far too many times... My advice is to post your request on Cruise Compete. Travel agents will look at your request, and make bids to win your business. While the rate will likely be just as good as if you booked by yourself on a travel site (expedia, orbitz, etc.), they will offer you incentives like on-board credit that you can use to pay for alcohol and the automatic gratuities. Kids? Carnival. Affordable luxury? Celebrity. Group of students? Royal Caribbean.

PM me if you have any questions.

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

A ****ing Disney Cruise? Come on man. You're graduating high school, not preschool.

Speaking as someone that's been on 7 cruises, I would say go on Carnival or Norwegian. Royal Carribean is geared more for an older crowd. Disney is geared towards people that still wet the bed.