1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NCAA Football] Tech vs. OU

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fatty FatBastard, Nov 16, 2008.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

See, I think UT played flat against Tech, and still almost won...at Tech.

If they play on a nuetral field, I think UT wins, if they play at Texas...UT wins.

If they played 10 at Tech...UT wins 7.

I just think it was the perfect storm for Tech.....and they played harder but I don't believe they are better than Texas....they just got lucky that Gideon can't catch.

:D

DD

2. RedRaiderRocket

Tech played flat in the second half, so it balanced it out. As for the perfect storm reference maybe, but the pressure on the Tech players was far greater than it was for Texas. This was Tech biggest game of it's history. Though I think the game was a great finish probably wasn't in the top 10 of Texas. But thats why it is home field advantage I feel if Texas played OSU on the road Texas would have 2 losses right now. Both teams have benefited from playing the top big 12 south teams at home. When tested Texas has lost, and so could Tech.

I don't put too much emphasis on what could of happened mumbo jumbo. If that matter if Britton caught that wide open pass in the end zone the game would not have been so close, which would mean that Crabtree catch would not be needed for the win. Both team had its ups and downs, but when the game was on the line one team made one more play than the other to win.

3. Fatty FatBastard

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/byA-YTsF5FU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/byA-YTsF5FU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Regardless of how next week's game turns out, suck it UT hippies!

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

We can agree on that. Awesome vid by the way.

5. Landlord Landry

I agree.

-signed,

1963, 1969, 1970 and 2005.

6. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

As a sidenote... Tceh getting dump-trucked by OU in Norman will make this the best thread ever. FrattyFagBastard.

[​IMG]

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

You do know Fatty has herpes scars older than that?

8. Fatty FatBastard

No kidding. Ut fan has no idea that their season is already ruined!

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/-b-W0prbMdfBOu7AXzxhIg"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/-b-W0prbMdfBOu7AXzxhIg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Wow, 4 championships. Very impressive.

-signed,
    1950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, and 2000

10. Fatty FatBastard

[​IMG]

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Followed swiftly by NCAA probation punishments.

You do realise that if you don't win in Oklahoma it's the Holiday Bowl for you correct?

While Texas has the Fiesta bowl as its consolation prize.

12. Fatty FatBastard

Awesome.

-signed,

13. Fatty FatBastard

I'm fairly certain we will have bigger bowl predications than Pony McFumble.

'just sayin'.

14. TraJ

TraJ Member

That's why they play the games. USC should have beat Oregon, Penn State should have beat Iowa, OU should have beat Texas, and so on. We could have simply given the national championship to Georgia, since they were the preseason favorites.

Texas and Tech didn't play on a neutral field or at Texas or ten games at Tech this season. They played one, and Texas lost it. It was fortunate for Tech that Gideon can't catch, and it was unfortunate for Texas that Crabtree can.

I'm content to let them play this next game as well. OU is certainly capable of betting Tech. As the ESPN site says, "Mike Leach has never won in Norman against Bob Stoops' Sooners." But a few weeks ago they had never beaten a team ranked number one. That's why they play the games.

15. TraJ

TraJ Member

OU is also capable of beating Tech as well. :)

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Well, someone will have to console you after OU kicks TTech's tushy! :D

PS: Are my drunken lady friends going to be there?

#56 RocketMan Tex, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Fatty I'm sure you know this but is Luck'ys pub a good hangout for Tech alumni/fans for game days?

18. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Texas at the end of the season will likely have the #2 schedule behind Georgia. OU's is projected at #6, Florida at #11, Tech at #17, USC #60, PSU #70.
    http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2008/Internet/toughest schedule/fbs_9games_cumm.pdf

So Texas will win MOST if not all computer polls versus any 1 loss squad going into the Big 12 game (including if OU sweeps Tech and OSU as that SOS includes). Now if OU kicks Tech and OSU butts and/or Texas struggles versus A&M I suspect the human polls would well overwhelm Texas there in favor of OU (and I would not argue Texas got screwed in such a scenario), but outside of that, it is going to be very close. It may come down to a beauty contest in OU and Texas' rivalry games to ultimately beside between them.

Saying all this, I certainly like Tech better than OU. (Though some of the OU fans I met last year in Glendale after WVU got through kicking their butts were not as obnoxious as I thought). And as a Texas fan I'd much rather play Tech again on a neutral field than OU--cause I think the loser among equal teams the previous time gets an edge. Also, a NC for Tech would be more palatable and remarkable (not that I would like Tech's odds vs UF in the State of Florida, IMO worse than their odds versus a somewhat defensively suspect and finessee OU even played in Norman).

So I am torn here. Yes a Tech loss opens more doors for UT in the NT (Texas might win the tiebreak versus OU outright; further OU would still have @OSU and Missou left also). Still, if Tech wins, they do have to beat Mizzou in KC. If they did that they certainly earned their shot, if they lost, Texas is in. And even then there is a chance Texas is there anyway, with some help by Auburn or FSU. Those would be a lot less of a shocker than people think--those are rivalry games who teams don't have such a talent gap the underdog could not win on a good day.

So in the end, I don't mind if Tech wins. But I don't think they do. Overall these are very even teams with relatively minor, but not insignificant differences. Notably, OU has more ability to create losses and TOs on defense (or of an attacking disruptive defense), have a more consistent offensive ground game to keep balance, and are playing at home with less pressure on them. I just don't think Tech can stop OU's offense and there is less margin of error for the Tech offense and they miss out matching quite ever score. My prediction is 45-34, OUs win (Tech misses an extra point conversion).

Oh, on the Heisman. Harrell for sure if he wins through this month. Probably McCoy otherwise. Those dudes were their teams' offenses, neither had quite the fully loaded Cadillac Bradford had in all skill positions and in the OL. Crabtree is the best receiver in college, but still only 1 receiver in the end, in a year there are great QBs, forget it. The most he will do is siphon a few of Harrell votes but won't make a difference in the event Tech runs the table prior to the ballots being turned in.

#58 Desert Scar, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Is there a way for all teams to lose?

Damn, I think someone likes youtube a bit too much.

20. ILoveTheRockets

All I got to say is that Crabtree WILL be the second best receiver... in history. That dude is just flat out nasty.