1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Football - 2014 Coaching Carousal

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by gucci888, Dec 2, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Muschamp at Auburn is going to be fun for those fans. I envision a very fun, very competitive rivalry between Saban/Muschamp. Not Smart. I don't acknowledge Smart. If he's even in the state next year.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Perfect pairing for both parties.

Also updated McElwain to Florida.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nebraska has hired Oregon State HC Mike Riley

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is a shock to me. They apparently wanted a completely different personality to Bo Pelini more than anything else. Riley is a good guy who won't ruffle feathers and will get everyone to like him. But things have really gone south at Oregon State and some were calling for his head.

Watching Riley go from a program with few expectations to a hot seat like Nebraska will be interesting. Wish him well, but in Ws and Ls, I don't think he will be successful as Pelini was.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

How Nebraska has fallen...

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Depending on the Michigan hire, we may be saying the same for the conference.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kansas will hire David Beaty as HC. (A&M WRs coach)

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What about UH? They can't possibly be keeping Levine. Hire the big name like they did for basketball

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

What are people's opinions on the Chad Morris hire for SMU?

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I still say Craig Bohl made a huge mistake leaving NDSU for Wyoming last year. I think he'd be the Nebraska coach today had he been patient. Now, he goes 4-8 and is likely stuck there.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Given The state of SMU football right now...that hire is a 12 out of 10.

13. Poloshirtbandit

I feel like if we're waiting this long to make a decision, the replacement won't be much better than Levine.

14. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Huge get for SMU. Clemson wasn't great this year, so you didn't hear his name as much this time around, but he has been one of the hottest names among coordinators looking to make the jump to a head coaching job in recent years. Clemson being a little down on the national scale actually probably helped SMU get him. If they were a borderline top-10 team like they have been the last two years, Morris may have been out of their league.

I'm also interested in where Clemson goes from here. Their rise from a middle of the pack ACC team to a perennial conference title contender aligns nicely with the hiring of Morris. And although you can't argue with his success, Dabo Swinney just never struck me as the type of head coach who is so good with all phases of his job that he can continually survive assistant coach turnover.

15. Major

Major Member

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

BEVERLEY MUST BE A ROCKET FOR LIFE

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

^ wrong thread lol.

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Hard to believe Muschamp and any program would do a head coach-in-waiting deal.

After what happened in Gainesville, I find it hard to believe that any other SEC program would be tripping over themselves to line up Will Muschamp as a successor to the current head coach.

You also have to figure Muschamp would be skeptical of a HCIW deal given how the last one of those worked out for him. Then again, that type of deal does come with an added level of job security and probably a pretty good pay raise over "just" being a DC. So I guess I could understand it a little from his standpoint.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree, but it's SC we're talking about. I can see them giving Muschamp 2-3 years. And when you're a HIC you can inherit continuity on offense (Muschamp's biggest problem) and it allows you time to recruit your guys without the guaranteed down years. He wouldn't have much to lose.