1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NC law: Not Just about Bathrooms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, May 15, 2016.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

That's not what the federal court system has decided.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/appeals-court-rules-transgender-bathroom-rules-n558496

"A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that public schools must allow transgender students to use the bathrooms that match their gender identity, the first such decision of its kind."

Doesn't "presentation" rightly equate to "gender identity?"

I know you like to disagree just to be disagreeable, but what are you objecting to?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Some giddy logic getting dropped in here. Run for your lives!

4. Northside Storm

I am objecting to your ham-headed interpretation of this case, your use of the word "alleged" (try proven in court), your utter ignorance at what gender identity is, and your stupid animus, proven completely wrong by experts in 10 states.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing. You recognize this is not a real issue.

It is still illegal to assault and sexually harass people.

6. giddyup

Ham-handed interpretation? We came to the same conclusion?

What are you claiming was "proven in court?" That someone got harassed because of a gender identity issue? I can guarantee that that happened. In a local discussion board, here in NC, I kept asking for the data on this crime and the one study that was provided offered up once incident ten years ago ... in Washington, D.C.

How am I misunderstanding "gender identity?" I'd say that considering yourself and choosing to pass yourself off in dress and a choice of bathrooms that does not match the "plumbing" you were born with reflects a pretty accurate understanding of what gender identity is. If not, tell me in detail how not?

The concern locally about the law is that it provides a ruse for almost anyone to hide behind, i.e. "Sudden Gender Dysphoria" on the Jerry Springer Show.

Animus? No idea to what you are referring, but I see you're getting revved up!

Experts in 10 states? The little placard that you posted? Ten states is 20% of the 50 states; don't you think I can find quotes to overwhelm yours in number?

#86 giddyup, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  7. giddyup

Your usual useless drivel. I had hoped in the past year you had grow a pair, grown a brain... something!

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

It seems strange to make legislation to double down and specifically go out of the way to make sure there is no legislation to protect a community from discrimination. That's what the bill does, it goes out of the way to make sure there are no anti discrimination laws for a group of Americans. It's not just the transgender community...

9. Northside Storm

No, you didn't come to the same conclusion the court did.

Look harder for abuse of transgender people and you'll find it. To allege one incident of harassment is ludicrous. Dig up your study.

You continue to demonstrate how you don't know what gender identity is. Here's a hint: I asked you for something all animals share in common, you gave me the answer "hooves". That'll probably go over your head, but I'm not really in the mood to correct your misconceptions.

The concern locally IS animus.

You want to dig up "overwhelming" quotes based on empirical evidence of anti-discrimination laws? Do it. Ball's in your court.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

but why would you give a window to facilitate that?

You're not following

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I do appreciate your frustration but we are in the midst of another obtuse, giddy logic display. It's a well known phenomenon.

This argument seems to boil down to the idea that you don't understand how someone could identify as one gender while having the sexual organs of another gender. Rather than rely on experts in the field and the history of transgenger rights laws passed across the country over many years, you are using giddy logic. Case closed. Next...

12. Northside Storm

Anti-discrimination laws don't facilitate sexual assault. Absolutely nothing you say would come to pass or has come to pass. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

13. giddyup

"A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that public schools must allow transgender students to use the bathrooms that match their gender identity, the first such decision of its kind."

The problem is that there can be no guarantee of unanimity of behavior but I'm pretty sure that every guy who feels like a gal walks into the ladies' room to pee when s/he is wearing a tight dress and heels.

What I said is that what has gone on before has largely worked. The court's position agrees with that. The Charlotte ordinance, I believe, applied to both private businesses and to public facilities and involved a system of fines for transgressions. That's why the state legislature stepped in. There is more than one party to "protect."

I looked months ago and couldn't find much-- granted a quick google search. I asked people from "the other side" of the argument to show me that stats that would indicate a problem burdensome enough to generate protective legislation. The study provided has something like less than 100 reported incidences in 15 years and only one rose to any common level of severity.

I'd be happy to look at what you have.

So you can't give me a straight answer? You were asked to explain how mine was inadequate; you were not asked to come up with a riddle?

Are you local? How do you reach that conclusion?

No, I don't want to. I said that I could. If I find 11 does that top your 10? BTW, where does it say that those quotes you posted are buttressed by empirical evidence?

14. giddyup

Show me where I ever said anything about not understanding the transgender reality. I'll wait but I can't wait how long it will take you to find it... because you won't. I never said such a thing. In fact, I'm quite empathetic to transgendered people. Their human experience is a powerful one-- lots of confusion, pain and rejection.

Why don't you talk about something you know, really know, about?

15. Northside Storm

Not even going to bother to respond in detail. You clearly don't understand gender identity (the whole point of non-conformity to gender identity being to avoid all of the stereotypes you spout off), the federal appeals court ruling (which directly contradicts HB2), and to cap it off, you "can" do things you don't do. You're also now saying things that are vastly untrue (re: Charlotte ordinance).

Put your money where your mouth is if you want to talk, and get the facts straight.

#95 Northside Storm, May 17, 2016
  16. bigtexxx

wait for it....wait for it....wait for it

BOOM yet another pwning of Northside Intern (and just to rub salt in the wound, it's an example from Canada)

/thread

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/s...laiming-to-be-transgender-in-order-to-assault

Sexual predator jailed after claiming to be ‘transgender’ to assault women in shelter

17. Northside Storm

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/2...to-be-transgender-declared-dangerous-offender

Yeah, let me know how anti-discrimination laws facilitated more sexual assault. :rolleyes:

Disgustingly gets to the real point that most committers of sexual assault evade the justice they need whether through underreporting or a criminal justice system that treats sexual assault offhandily--and that has nothing to do with TGs.

yeah this dude obviously gives a s**t about criminal penalties for sexual assault.

But let me amend my statement LOL:

texxx, your regressive views are going to die a painful death. You'll be stuck, just like you have on gay marriage, saying this is all irrelevant before long. Your straw-clutching is adorable :)

#97 Northside Storm, May 17, 2016
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So was that Northside Intern in that bathroom? :confused:

19. Northside Storm

Sure ATW, whatever gets you wet.

20. bigtexxx

You have in no way refuted the pushing pwn job I put on you. The law allowing TGs access to other bathrooms provides a window for sexual predators and other creepers to ply their craft, endangering the safety of women and little girls. I stand with those who wish to protect their safety.

Just for funsies, more examples to pwn Northside Intern!

http://www.krem.com/news/local/northwest/man-in-womens-locker-room-cites-gender-rule/45412534

http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/23/a-rape-survivor-speaks-out-about-transgender-bathrooms/