1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBCSports] Milos Teodosic is available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Hungarian Rocket, Sep 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

That Feigen tweet was in response to my question about the rumors back in 2010 that the Rockets were talking with Teodosic about coming over back then. According to him, those talks were either non-existent or didn't go very far.

My guess is that Teodosic never comes to the NBA. I bet he would've been a solid rotation guard and maybe a quality starter. Probably in the Jose Calderon range of NBA quality guard. Calderon has carved out a very good NBA career and is considered to have a "reasonable" contract that pays him over $7 million per year. I think Teodosic could've been that kind of player (and make that kind of money), if not better.

3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

unproven for 9mil/yr...no thanks.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'd rather have any substantial pg than that guy. Doesn't really create on offense. I take Rubio, Sessions, Jackson, and pgs that just got drafted over that guy. His game would be squashed at the NBA level.

5. One Mic

One Mic Member

I think some of you americans really need to geat your heads out of your asses. How the f*** is he unproven? He has been a winner at every step of his way, he is probably the best european player, great at leading a team, great in the clutch, 100% in all-world cup 1st team. This is NOT unproven. I know you mean at the NBA level, but this kind of player can play anywhere. You can say that about a young D-mo or a young Dragic, but this guy has proven himself and played great in the finals, just his teammates are not good enough and team usa drained every 3 pointer. But when was the last time that team usa had to double team someone and he still probed the defense and made plays for himself and others? 9mill is too much, i agree, but he is far from unproven. He is a special player like Drazen Petrovic was, but it took 4 years for you to figure it out. He is in Dejan Bodiroga's league, just check the highlights of him schooling team usa when serbs won the world cup in indianopolis. once again, i agree with your point, but you can't call milos teodosic unproven. he would be 3rd best player on the rockets the second he would sign

1 person likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Vassilis Spanoulis.
    Ricky Rubio.

Not impressed until I watch him play an NBA game.
    And 3rd best player? LOL. Calm yourself.

7. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Teodosic=rubio with a jumpshot. And rubio wants max and teodosic wants 9mil I'll sign up for it

8. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

But not as good as a defender

9. One Mic

One Mic Member

You really obviously know nothing about euro ball. Teodosic is in the same league as Bodiroga, Đorđevic, Petrovic,...
    Rubio was overhyped 18-year old and never even had a good career in europe. He is probably the most overrated player of the last decade.
    Spanoulis is a tier or two below teo and he came to the league too early.
    They both have obvious flaws in their games and they don't have "it" which he clearly has.
    You can't just throw them all in the same basket because they are from the same continent. Typical american thinking.
    Most of euros in nba really suck, but teodosic is just not that kind of a player. I hope he gets a chance someday.
    Thats all from me, peace :)

10. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Some of you guys are just ignorant to how good he really is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a38TQ83UauI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. kemah

kemah Member

He is Dleague material for sure.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Would rather have proven NBA talent.

13. cebu

cebu Member

i'd rather sign this guy than Terry.

14. Remon

Remon Member

He's nowhere close to any player you mentioned. First of all, he's the biggest loser in the European basketball right now. Olympiakos lost everything with him at helm, they won 2 euroleagues when they let him go and let Spanoulis run the team, the first one against Teodosic's new team CSKA, where he had Kirilenko too.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

so how did he fare vs. USA? (sorry, haven't watched the game replay yet)

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Not sure where the $9M came from, but the "unproven" argument is equally dumb. There's zero chance Teodosic would bust in the NBA. He's been elite in Euro competition for years and his game translates very well. He's played well against NBA PGs and NBA competition. Not only does he make others better, but he really shines when he has talent around him.

I'd much, *much* rather have him than Papanikolaou for 1-year at near MLE money.

I'm still not really sure why they brought KPap over for this much money. Why overpay a dude who's draft rights you just can throw in a trade when you could get better or at the very least comparable players whose draft right you don't own (i.e. free agents) for the same amount of money. Anybody?

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

your asking the BBS this question?

your the one person on here i 100% trust on everything euro ball!!

18. NotChandlerParsons

Two-way SFs are very hard to come by. And part of the reason is they may not have known Teodosic would be available, and we wanted a ~$5m contract to trade, and a player who *could* live up to it. I think I would rather have him but it is what it is.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The ignorance here regarding Euro players is incredible. He's been a top 3 Euro PG for years and is a proven winner that carried all his teams. Also played extremely well vs. international competition (including Spain and USA, two teams that pretty much had a NBA guard rotation and overall roster) and in pre-season game vs. Wolves.

Comparing him to Rubio just shows how little you guys know about Eorpean basketball, Rubio was mediocre and sometimes even below that in his last Euro years. All the hype came from Youtube highlight mixes that you guys (who never watched a Euroleague game in your life) raved about. Comparing one of the most accomplished and elite players in Europe to an unproven youngster that Rubio was disqualifies you from even joining the discussion.

There's nothing that indicates he'd not be a really good player in the NBA, he proved it against every competition that is available. And what's up with the "no defense" bs? He's very tall for a PG and barely ever gets abused with his size and footwork. Really great help defender and most of the times stays in front of his man.

And some here said Teodosic can't create for team mates, wtf? This just shows that you never really watched him, he's a brilliant creator and well-known to be one of the best passers in Europe, also showed it in every international competition. Great passer, shooter, can post up other PGs...

Terrible how biased you people are.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Judging from this video he looks very good. Steve Nash lite