1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBC] The Moment of Truth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tulexan, Jan 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tulexan

tulexan Member

It's on at 8/7C. Probably bad, but has potential to be very interesting with the questions they are going to ask.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Wrong channel, wrong time. FOX @ 9/8C.

3. tulexan

tulexan Member

You're right, I'm stupid

4. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I dunno . . . .nothing like finding out your child you not give up a kidney for you on national TV

Nothing like finding out various embarrassing truths on TV
    Even if the lie detector is inaccurate

Jerry Springer 2.0

Rocket River

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

well, we don't know if he wouldn't give up the kidney for his father, we haven't heard the answer.

anyhow, at least they started the show with a hottie g/f.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I stopped watching after seeing the intro. I love reality shows, but this one looked as pathetic as that Ugly Swan show Fox did a few years back.

8. dookiester

dookiester Member

decent concept, horrible execution. hate the way they pause unnecessarily long, both before the contestant answers, and before they announce whether it was true or not.

9. Cannonball

I think it's kind of stupid. These guys took a polygraph test prior to the show and know what questions are going to be asked (they ask them 50 questions then re-ask 21 again on the show). So they know what's coming and have no reason to act shocked. They also have no excuse for not bowing out before the really bad questions start.

You can also pretty much bet the answer to almost every question is going to be "yes". The producers want to make it as embarrassing as possible and reveal as many dirty secrets as they can. So, when they see the results of the polygraph, they're going to choose the questions where the guy actully has to reveal something. They might throw a bone every now and then but most of the time they're going to choose the questions the guys don't want to answer.

My overall opinion: it's a crap show. I might watch it if there's nothing else on but won't ever actually intend to watch it. Actually, I'm ure I'd rather spend an hour trying to find something else to watch.

10. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I didnt think it was all that bad of a show, but doubt it will last more than a few episodes. Where do I recognize the host from? ESPN?

11. Cannonball

He's like a career game show/reality host. He hosted Tempatation Island. He also does Antiques Roadshow on PBS.

12. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I remember him from the show 'Russian Roulette" on GSN....thanks!

13. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

yess the pause was atrocious and killed the show. Dang if they would just speed it up, it would be hilarious. If that guy would of tried and gone the distance, 21 questions, no way they would of fitted it in one show.

SPEED IT UP. fox is stupid.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

THIS is the only "moment of truth" :mad:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5yc4Aa1F_rk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5yc4Aa1F_rk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

15. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

The problem with the pause is that they make it extremely long after a stupid question.. like "Have you ever looked through a co-workers belongings without their permission?" Aside from it being a stupid question that almost everyone I know would answer yes to, it doesn't require a 9 minute pause and the contestant to make r****ded faces. Just say, "Yes, next question" Then the stupid thing can say that answer is True.. yippy it took a whole 12 seconds for that, move on to the good questions.

Ask good questions, like, have you ever beat off at work, or have you ever had a homosexual fantasy.

16. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

This show won't last long.

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Have you ever looked at another man's junk? I cracked up.

18. Fatty FatBastard

I caught the first ten minutes, then got bored with it. However, when I flipped it back over later on, I realized that the first dude was gone. What question did he screw up on, and what was the reaction?

19. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

To that goofy contestest near the end of the show....you're not fooling ANYONE with that rug on your head. :rolleyes:

20. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, the question was, "During a personal training session, have you touched a female more than what was required of you?"

He is a personal trainer, he answer no, and it was false.