1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBC Sports] Monta Ellis Most Likely to Opt Out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Mar 3, 2015.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

3rd star?

The lights-out shooter that we lack, and a secondary playmaker too.

We were willing to sign Dragic. How about Ellis? Bev goes back to back-up.

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I was thinking with the Wes Matthews injury what if Portland picked Ellis up.

That team would be hard to guard.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

back court would be too small and they would suffer on defense and 3 pt shooting

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Assuming the Mavs dont resign Ellis, what team out there has both the cap space and the need for an undersize shooting guard to offer Ellis a big contract.

The two teams that popped into my head was, the Lakers and Knicks. Both are in need of quality players as well as playmaking guards. Both have sizeable cap space. Only question is, would Phil Jackson really spend 14+ million per on Monta and would the Lakers sign Ellis when they already have Kobe and Nick Young manning the sg position.

Any other obvious teams out there likely to give Monta a big contract?

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

The Knicks would probably offer him that. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Monta in a Knicks uniform next season.

6. onreego

onreego Member

What's the probability that Cuban let's them all walk while signing scrubs to 1 year contracts to keep cap for Durant in 2016 because he values chemistry over everything else?

7. Chamillionaire

I hate to say it, but Monta would be great here. He'd cost too much of course, but we really need someone that can create and score other than Harden. The problem is Monta needs the rock in his hands, and of course that's not gonna happen with the MVP handling the rock.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

A combo guard backcourt of Ellis\harden would interesting, but I don't know if it would be good.

9. Chamillionaire

I'm sure it'll be better than Rondo and Monta. LOL. A lot of scoring there between the two. Not sure if any of the other guys are gonna get any shots though.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

If montas scoring.as effkcient.than harden then why not. If not then he needs to pass or go sit. Look at dallas.

And IMO, along as the rockets offer.more than any other contender its possible ellis signs for the.chance.to win a rign

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

If montas scoring.as effkcient.than harden then why not. If not then he needs to pass or go sit. Look at dallas. Hes been better defensively and playing team ball

And IMO, along as the rockets offer.more than any other contender its possible ellis signs for the.chance.to win a ring