1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA2K12

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What console, 360?

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Anyone want a game? I'm on for the next 40 mins or so.
    xbox gamertag: mpsniper101

3. Kronos

Kronos Member

You guys without a high end gaming PC are missing out. My NBA2k12 is modded to near perfection. It makes it more reaslitic for me. Everything from high def cyber faces, jerseys, shoes and courts and even accessories. Hell, i've even put myself in the game complete with real tattoos and all. It's a big modding community and if you play it once, you won't want to go back to console version.

Just hook that ho up with high speed hdmi to your baller 3d LED tv and you're good to go. ;)

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^^^^
    Don't give a ish about the modding stuff, just want good gameplay. I only play online teamup or versus. All the other stuff is gimmick.

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I haven't gotten a chance to play lately but how has lowry's shot changed (what is it now)? Is he much better overall to play with?

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

His shot is a million times better. And when I say that, I'm not exaggerating.

His old one pissed me off beyond belief, but his new one is money in the bank.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, the new Lowry shot is WET. Still barely playin with Rockets though, I mainly use Clippers, Hawks and 76ers.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Joe Johnson's pretty good, make a lot of teardrops with him.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tried to play with the Rockets a bit, still don't like them. For sure, K-Mart is draining buckets from all over the court, Lowry is hot as well. Scola has a nice jumper and post-game, but he plain sucks on defense. Pat and Dalembert can block shots, but they're too small. Same with Lowry, T-Will, Lee, Hill, Scola, Dragic.
    The rebounding is horrible, my opponents can crash my boards all day. Had a ridiculous sequence vs. a friend where I blocked 4 shots but he got 6(!) rebounds on offense to finally get the bucket. Absolutely pathetic.
    Lee's shot is so incredibly slow, opponents can block it from 10ft. Have to be WIDE open to get it off.

T-Will is a beast off the bench when used as PG though, can drive past defenders and finish it vs. defenders. Lowry gets swatted like F in that regard.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Well, I quit my last Online Association today (couldn't take playing on Hall of Fame anymore). I decided I would play offline Association from now on.

I started one with the Rockets (All-Star, 12 minute quarters), and even though I lost, I had more fun in my first game than I did the entire time I was playing Online Associations.

The game feels so much better on All-Star it's not even funny.

In my first game (against the Jazz), I was down by 7 with about 2 mins left, so I started doing what Lowry does in real life.... let the offense run a little bit, then back out and take a long-range three pointer.

I made 2 in a row. Ultimately it wasn't enough, but I thought it was funny. Also, the Jazz shot 26 free throws. My Rockets shot 13.

Even 2k12 knows the Rockets never get any calls.

11. RedNation

I'm having trouble playing online with the rox. Can anyone help me with the releases? Should I release earlier or later because I can't shoot with anyone other than lee, dragic. I drive with twill 80 percent of the time

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

In general it's better to release later than too early, it all goes down to who you shootin with though.
    Turn on the shot release feedback and play a lot of games to figure out the releases. Practice mode also helps a bit, but the release tend to be different ingame.

13. RedNation

Offline I can shoot with everyone, and I shoot with bud most often. But online, I can't shoot at all. I'll try releasing later now. Thanks

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If the problem is only online, you have to figure out if you shoot too late or too early. If the shot hits the front of the rim, you're releasin it too late. If it hits the end of the rim or the backboard you release too early.
    You have to release at the highest point of your shooter's jump. Take a close look at his shooting motion and release it when it seems like your guy has reached the highest point and is about to snap his wrist.

15. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

With release points, go into practice on HOF difficulty and work on your release. It is much less forgiving and will make you a much better shooter.

16. RedNation

It always hits back rim

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Bump. I'm playing today, just saw Lin is a 77, and has a 3 star trade value. Lol, linsanity. Also, the Lakers want a cheeze-ton for Pao Gasol even in the game.

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

19. joesr

joesr Member

still with Hayes, hehe

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Anyone up for a game?