1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA2K12

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's not about the first offer, that's for sure.
    I don't play Online Association, but I assume it follows the same FA logic as in Offline Association. That would be W-L record and the quality of your roster. Quality FA's don't sign with sh.tty teams in 2k games.

2. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Ok, I have never played online association, but it looks cool and I want to try it out. I just created a league for those who want to test it out in a Fast and Competitve environment.

It is only 14 games, one game playoffs, should be a fun intro to this mode for anyone wanting to try but not commit to something long term.

The draft is tonight Nov 3rd at 10pm CT time

The name is Fast n Furious
    the password is Clutch

If anyone interested, pass this along and lets get this league filled up and have a fun draft tonight!

3. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

This is what i'm hoping. Since he is new to basketball games, his Celtics record is 1-19. Whereas my Rockets are a respectable 15-9. So, these are your findings from experience? or is there legit proof that Star FA only sign with strong teams?

The online features are a little different to the offline association. The trade logic is far superior. However, cpu teams really do like to pay players. Take Leandro Barbosa's 5 year 60 million contract extension for example. Though, this is evened out by players in general wanting far more than they are worth. Chris Douglas-Roberts (wanted 10 million).

(you must spread rep around before giving it to Yung-T again)

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There's no real evidence, it's simply expierience with 2k games(played Associations straight from 2k6-2k12). I had many associations where I planned to create tons of cap to get star FA's, but it never really worked. Even if you just slightly below .500 and have great prospects like Griffin or Gordon, the FA's prefer the more respected teams like Orlando, LA, NYK, etc. You can always get guys like Mayo, Love, Rudy G, etc., but it's darn near impossible to get a 90+ FA to sign with a mediocre team.

Seein how you seem to be the only decent team with cap space, there's a good chance that CP3 might sign with your team, but never count out that they'll just resign with their club.

And I co-sign the contract thing, the cpu is a complete mess at judgin how good players are and what kind of salary they deserve.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm definitely interested, but I need an Association ID number. I've searched for "Fast n Furious" numerous times but I've gotten no results.

6. SuperVon

If the programmers designed the game with these intentions. That, right there, is pretty cool and realistic.

I find it quite amusing that Lebron and Carmelo are all classified as 'not loyal'. Luckily for my purposes, Paul is 'somewhat loyal'. Hopefully, Marc Gasol, McGee, Patterson and Eric Gordon combined with a winning record at title run is enough, haha. In reality i think it would be.

7. SPF35

SPF35 Member

8. SPF35

SPF35 Member

pass this along to whoever among other boards, we got 8 hours and spots open since i just created it, it is only 14 games, fast speed, not big commitment, for me it is for us to try this mode out, have fun with it quick and easy

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Hmm... you must be doing it on the PS3. It couldn't find any associations with that ID number.

10. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Ah sorry, this is for PS3!

11. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Wow, this is painful, on My player, made it through my 3rd season. It is saved on game 7. I won once, had an amazing game, froze after teh game loading to go back to the menu. I thought it was bad luck, played again and won, same thing, now is just frozen when it goes to laod the menu after the game...

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Heard you have to turn off autosave for that specific problem.

13. LANIMIRC

LANIMIRC Member

Man, I just wrecked on somebody's Maverick team today.

Dude was just exploiting my centers with Dirk Nowitzki threes against my Grizzlies. I was down ~15 points after the first quarter. This guy was just a poor sport; kept pausing the game for a half second after every shot he made, pulling up box scores to show off his stats and replaying every dunk. I was pretty much pissed off.

Second quarter, I put Shane Battier at center . Completely shut down Dirk for the quarter and tied him up by the half. Shut up his celebratory antics for a bit.

Back and forth for a bit in the 3rd and 4th quarter until he took a decent lead. Then he started up with his pausing/replays again. Then I wrecked him for the rest of the game and beat him by 1.

Tried to look him up under "Players Met" but couldn't find him. I wanted to rub that in his face, but I guess I'll settle for this. Anyways, had to share this. :cool:

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Stupid lock out. I can't even send My Player (who made the All star team) to the Rookie challenge. I would have won MVP ( like I did in the All Star game)

15. SuperVon

ONLINE ASSOCIATION SIMMED FIRST ROUND AND I LOST... WHAT THE **** 2K!!!

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Alright CF, I need some help. I don't have Xbox Live Gold because I never play online. In order to get the roster updates though, I need Gold. I'd rather not go pay for it, as I just want the rookies included in the game. I just wanted to get the latest update available and then start My Player mode. I'm asking if anyone has a 1 month free card lying around they wouldn't mind sharing with me?? Maybe email the code to me. It would be greatly appreciated. If not, it's cool. Also, I've heard you can download updates from somewhere and put them on a usb. If anyone has any info on that, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

17. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Is the game freezing on anybody else? I can't even get out of the loading settings box before it freezes. Its the 3rd day. It also happened to me like a month ago until they had a patch for that or something.

18. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I had the same but fixed it. You just go to your game data utility and delete the data and the additional data. It will redownload them and work. Make sure you delete them both though.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That freeze ish is a tradition in 2k lol, happens every year.

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i was about to make a thread about 2k but i found one does anybody wanna play a game