1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA TV- T-mac vs Pistons, 03 playoffs, and T-mac vs Knicks, 2000 playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bob Monkeyson, Aug 15, 2008.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i don't like guys who get overrated going to the nba finals (iverson, reggie miller).

iverson plays with heart, according to you, yet plays zero D and quit on his team last yr.

reggie miller plays zero D and is one of the most one-dimensional player of all time and gets mentioned as a top 5 SG of all time.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

How is iverson overrated? A.I. has a heart and he tries to play defense the problem is he's an undersized shooting guard.

3. sook

sook Rookie

As much as i love both players a guy i would rather have on my team would be iverson. The guy played with a broken hand and is tough as nails. But the thing with him also is he can't really create for his teammates.

The only time Iverson is gonna win a championship is when he changes his role IMO. You can't have 2 guys chucking up shots (melo, AI) and expect to win. I would like to see him more as a facilitator.

And yes VC did quit on his team, he even admitted it but i think he has a better understanding of the game now and lets it come to him.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

"tries to play" that's funny. iverson is one of the best OFFENSIVE shoot guards of all time. he's overrated when guys say he plays with more heart than anybody else (you can't say that when he doesn't try to play D and quit last yr).

5. Shay

Shay Member

Batkins if you could cap some hq highlights it will be awesome. :)

6. Chronz

Chronz Member

Tmac was the best player on the court in both of those series, watch the mans defense in his Raptor days, and his 02-03 season was one of the greatest of all time from an individual player, yes MUCH better than any of Iversons.

LOL He made the finals big whoop, he had the best team in the East and still struggled against every inferior team he faced. Iverson of the past few years is far and away a better player than the Iverson who won MVP. But Tmac of 02-03 was unreal, at the time I didnt know it would be his last truly great season.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fine. if u tmaniacs can post tmac in orlando in the rockets garm, then you're gonna get the charles barkley in phoenix nbatv stuff.

8. juju14

juju14 Member

^^^ Is this guy always this annoying?Damn STF^

9. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

C'mon man, it's only the 87,000th time they've shown it. But I did DVR "Clutch City," and "Double Clutch" :D Been a long time since I've seen those.

Speaking of RA coached games, wouldn't you like to see some old Clyde Drexler games? I sure as hell would. That would be awesome, IMO.

10. MayoRocket

Hey, I wanna see the Phoenix Barkley stuff too. Any true fan of the NBA (which I know you are most definitely) should. The only fmr Rocket whose games I don't want to see are those games of whom we do not speak.

I thought anything related to a past or current Rocket was fair game in the GARM? :confused:

11. tinman

Supporting Member

hmm now that you mention it. its great that this was posted. now we can open the door for chuck's days in phoenix, moses malone in philly, hell horry with the lakers, sam with the bucks. oh drexler's blazers.. garm!

12. juju14

juju14 Member

Why would we talk about them now??They are retired.If the internet was up and running in 95 u would see the same topic for Clyde the Glyde.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

cause rockets fans love the great heroes of the rockets. we'll always talk about the dream and there's not a damn thing u newbs can do about it.
    plus its educational. learning about the great rockets history. our founder also loves those guys. he posts some retro stuff from time to time

14. MayoRocket

I would love this. It's a hell of a lot better than most of the stupid threads that get started in the GARM. I love classic NBA, but if it's better off in the NBA dish section, well fine. But to me it would be Rockets related.

I guess you'd like more "Yao is awesome b/c he kicked ass vs Angola threads."

15. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

I bet tinman thinks chucky brown is probaly better then scola. or elden recasner or sammy mack were better then tracy. oh my how about chris jent. god he was great. the greatest three point shooter in our history. or pig miller. lol. better yet, antonio carr. yao has got nothing on i love steroid stanley roberts. since there old timers, there god and the new comers are thrash. :rolleyes:

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Chucky Brown > Chucky Hayes

17. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Chucky brown cant carry hayess jock straps if it came down to pure defensive abilities.

18. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

ok, the only reason I posted this thread was to inform people about nba tv showing CURRENT rockets star Tracy Mcgrady's games from before he was a rocket. Also, a lot of people are bored in the offseason and would like to see some of these games. I've seen some other thread(s) where people post that there are Orlando T-mac games that are gonna be on nba tv, that's why I figured Rockets fans would like to know about this. Were you like this in those threads too?

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The Orlando McGrady was underrated. He was a better player than Kobe back then, yet Kobe was still put on top because of Shaq. And Yes some may call me crazy, but McGrady back then could do so much more than the one right now, but the McGrady back then also > Kobe's ass. The lakers had an amazing team, the perfect lineup. You put McGrady there he'll give you a 4peat without the refs. Did I mention playoff McGrady > playoff Kobe even today?

20. tinman

Supporting Member

the patriots won the superbowl last year too