1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA TV- T-mac vs Pistons, 03 playoffs, and T-mac vs Knicks, 2000 playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bob Monkeyson, Aug 15, 2008.

1. monkinamr2

monkinamr2 Contributing Member

Would your opinion change if the Rox won a ring? (or 2, or 3)? I'm guessing not.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Iverson with Larry Brown in Philly had a better TEAM.
    see with you Tmaniacs don't understand that concept. Was Aaron McKie better than Carmelo?? No.
    is he a better teammate, yes.

That Philly team actually played defense. Denver's philosophy of no D wasn't Iverson's fault.

you might just get a nice thread out of this, but I'll actually put it where it belongs.. in the NBA dish.

3. juju14

juju14 Member

U do relize AI shot like 39% in the 2001 playoffs right?The 2001 sixers was a great defensive team with a prime MT.If u watched the rival thing on nbatv VC and Iverson played pretty even.They both had a gm of 50+pts in that series.It wasn't one on one.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

If If If

what does this have to do with the fact that Tmac and Vince Carter (cousins) couldn't and DID NOT WANT to play with each other on the SAME TEAM?

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

funny how you mention that and iverson ALWAYS average about 26-27 shots a game playing with philly.

iverson NEVER played a lick of D in philly. eric snow and mckie guarded the best perimeter players. guess what happened when they left? iverson and the sixers SUCKED on defense.

now iverson goes to denver and their perimeter D is worse. i wonder why despite having camby and martin to man the interior.

yes, iverson plays a lot of D. he plays as much D as steve nash does in his sleep.

watch more basketball tinman. you have a lot to watch still. iverson is the main problem for denver's D along with melo. both of those guys are the leaders and they never break stride going back on D. there's a reason denver was willing to trade iverson to detroit but detroit said NO.

6. t_mac1

again with your lack of knowledge.
    the main reason tmac left toronto was because he wanted to play IN HIS HOMETOWN, be closer to HIS FAMILY. you do realize tmac went to orlando to play WITH GRANT HILL, A TOP 5 PLAYER AT THE TIME. how would he be the man if grant hill was there? tim duncan was also rumored to go to orlando at the time.

oh yea, tmac was so evil that he casted a spell on hill so he can be injured for all the 4 years :rolleyes:

but yea, i guess you forgot who grant hill was, a top 5 player at the time

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Oh snap we're not allowed to talk about Rocket players that aren't fossils! Forget about that rule.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

oh, then who won the MVP?
    was it Vince Carter?

yeah. I watched basketball those years too. I believe the guy who didn't practice won.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Then Steve Francis would be playing in DC, Ron Artest would go to NY like next year.

Grant Hill? what happened there? I think he took Workers Comp or something.

Tmac WOULDN'T be the player you guys are licking if he played with Vince Carter, how on earth can he be the leading scorer of the league with that ball hog and showboat VC there?

10. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Stop being annoying, and that show about Dream comes on everyday

11. t_mac1

iverson did. i never said he wasn't a great player. he was in a perfect system where all the role players did the dirty work and all he did was jack up a bajillion shots as he was the main scorer. he shot 40% that yr u do realize that right? there's a reason melo-iverosn combo doesn't work. both aren't guys who make their teammates better. iverson can only excel team-wsie if he's able to jack up shots and you surround him with great defensive players.

yes, iverson rarely practices also. thank god you realize that. tmac gets bashed for not even practicing on an injured knee. imagine if AI plays here, what would you do tinman? choke him?

12. t_mac1

go with your logic tinman (it's stupid but go with it).

grant hill was considered "healthy" at the time and that was why he got a max contract. ask yourself tinman, who was the better player at the time? grant or vince? grant came off a seaosn where he put up 25, 8, 7. that's all-time stuff.

now tmac signs with a team that just signed a top 5 player and you think he has a chance of leading the league in scoring?

stay with vince or play with grant hill? hmm, tough decision.

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I would say they both played the wrong way. VC on the other hand quit on his team in toronto (faking injuries, etc) and it was obvious as hell when he went to New Jersey and was a beast. Yeah, AI plays with more heart but he is just flat out better, too. I think we genuinely saw the best out of VC when he first went to the nets, he just isn't as good as everybody thought he was.

I actually think Tmac plays a better type of basketball then both of them but has less god given talent (other than being 6'8"). He's more unselfish but he's way too fragile. I didn't even notice you were being sarcastic like t_mac1 said because i thought it was true.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Iverson is welcomed here, same as Ron Artest, dudes who aren't about the flash like VC. Iverson in Philly took to the hoop many times, unlike VC who jacks up more Js than Tmac. But you only see him dunk cause that's all he's worth.

At least Denver won a bunch of games with Iverson which you couldn't say with Vince Carter... Ahhh no Jason Kidd to throw you passes VC?

15. t_mac1

i never said vince was better than iverson. i just responded to your statement that iverson plays with more heart. iverson takes more plays off on the defensive end just as much as vince.

the way the denver team quit on national TV last yr with both iverson and melo doing it is DISTURBING to say the least ON YOUR HOMECOURT.

16. t_mac1

tinman, iverson isn't about flash? where have you been?

obviously a 6' isn't gonna windmill like vince. but iverson's play is all about flash.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Yup. That's pretty much sums up Vince Carter.

At least Vince Carter doesn't quit at the dunk contest, cause the Rim and Backboard doesn't try to play defense.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Go to the NBA Dish and vote on my poll. Guess who's winning?
    hint its not the guy who quit on Toronto after getting the Max Salary.

19. t_mac1

or the guy who quit on his team in the playoffs at home on national TV?

quitting is quitting, no way to slice it.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

do you like any players that actually make it to the nba finals??

who's your favorite old school player? Derick Coleman?