1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA TV] Daryl Morey on at 6pm est 03/16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think it has less to do with the fact that you're beating the topic to death, and more to do with the fact that you've obviously here just to ruffle feathers, and troll. Nothing you say has any real substance to it, but you continue to act like what you're saying is ground-breaking. I'm not 100% sure what your motives are, but seriously.....if you're really expecting to be treated with a modicum of respect around here, you're mistaken.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I finally watched the interview and while Dork Elvis said as little as possible while attempting to say something, there was some good stuff in there. He mentioned the teams that invest heavily in statistical analysis, (the Rockets, Dallas, Portland, Boston, and Oklahoma City) and they have all had success. The irony here being that at the moment Houston is on the outside looking in with regards to the playoffs. Watching that made me wonder if Daryl is as much of a dork as he appears. He sure was laying it on thick!

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Daryl Morey is not the biggest dork in the NBA, nor is he even the original pioneer dork. MarK Cuban has that honor. Cuban's is better known for his douchey-ness than his dorkiness, but he is, nevertheless, a huge dork.

At the MIT conference, there were simultaneous panels going on in different rooms most of the day. I saw Cuban attending the research paper presentation in the smallest of the rooms and later on chatting it up with the author/presenter of the paper (Joe Sill, whose paper was on new methodology adjusted +/-). During his talk on one of the panels (he did 2 that day), Cuban also admitted that he made an early mistake using adjusted +/- when he overpaid Evan Eschmeyer (whom Cuban called a great guy, but turned out not to be so great at NBA basketball) based on his one season of great adjusted +/- off the bench. He said he soon realized that the sample was simply way too small for the adjusted +/- to be of much use.

Anyhow, if you look up when Eschmeyer was a Mav, it's clear that Cuban was dorking it up way before Morey's reign with the Rockets.

4. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

No sound on this computer at work. Recap please.