1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

(NBA Trade) Kings-Sixers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Egghead, Jun 17, 2010.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm confused too.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They could, but they've been going after Dalembert since last season. If they just wanted an expiring for Nocioni they could have shopped for better deals at the deadline. They might honestly see him as their solution at center, long-term.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/17/kings-sixers-to-swap-nocioni-hawes-for-dalembert/

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

5. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Collins is a big Nocioni fan.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I am certain this deal has Dog Collins' imprimatur all over it. So, GM stupid? As in hiring DC who failed in DC and Chi...and Philly, two.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

So...

Evans
    Udrih
    Casspi
    Landry
    Dalembert

Something like that?

Looks solid.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I like where you're going with this.

Holiday
    Iguodala
    Nocioni
    Hawes
    2nd pick

?

9. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Yep... Collins always spoke about how no one knows how to utilize Nocioni properly on the offensive side.

10. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Great move by Sac.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

what's the point ..?? :confused: :confused:

12. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Depending on what happens in training camp, look for Jason Thompson to start with Landry coming off the bench.

To be really honest, I think SAC could be using either Landry or Thompson as trade bait if Cousins falls to the 5 pick. Reports show that the Kings are very high on Cousins. They can use either of those guys as trade bait to upload Garcia or Udrih's contract which is a big priority to them.

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what they do with Jason Thompson/Carl Landry. It almost makes you wonder if they should have waited until the draft to trade Kevin Martin, then they could have gotten another lottery pick.

I'm really high on Jason Thompson.. I think he could be really good. He needs to learn to play without fouling, or the refs need to learn his game more to stop blowing the whistle when he doesn't foul. Either way, he's got a ton of potential and has certainly shown flashes of it.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Poor Carl.

A decent, consistent 16/7 player always getting traded. That's gotta be discouraging.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

holiday
    iggy
    turner
    brand
    hawes

nocioni
    speights
    young

of the bench

no way they pass up on turner they may be shopping that #2 two pick for something else but i cant see them passing up on a talent like turner like that.

i am sure they would be other teams willing to take take on a brand contract if it meant turner

16. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

The same reason why they are going to sign Adam Morrison this summer. Cause he's white.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

This was actually a money-SAVING move for Philly.

Because the Sixers are sending out more salary in Dalembert, and because Nocioni's salary declines next year, and because the Sixers are basically stuck being a luxury tax payer next year, this move actually saves the team about $6.2M. Also, Nocioni's salary declines again in 2011-12 to $6.65M, and while that is still too high, the Sixers will drop well below the cap in 2011 and should be able to handle that salary and still re-build using cap space at that point.

Bottom line: Sixers took on LONGER TERM salary here, but they still managed to save money. Plus, they got a nice young center in Hawes to replace a guy (Dalembert) who wanted out. It's actually not a bad deal for either team.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Nocioni threatening to go to Europe worked out for him

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

With the addition of defensive presence center in Dalembert, I think they're going to go with Monroe with the 5th pick to put next to him at PF.... meaning Landry might be heading back to the bench, which is a really good role for him. Landry would have won "Sixth man of the Year" had he stayed coming of the bench this past year...

--RB

20. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Pretty good trade for both sides. What I get from this is the Sixers will draft Turner and the Kings is going to choose between Cousins/Favors/Monroe with the 5th pick.