1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

(NBA Trade) Kings-Sixers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Egghead, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

If I'm correct, the Kings could go after Lebron now. They talk so much of Lebron joining the Clippers, and a new LA rivalry. Well, why not Sac-town? ;)

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think LeBron won't be going to another small-market team.

3. herro

herro Member

Does this mean Phila will take Favors @ 2?

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

Wow, missed that Hawes was in the trade, this makes more sense now.

5. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Don't see why the Nets wouldn't just draft Turner, and more importantly what do the Rockets have to offer that is near equal value to what Turner may become. Unlike other dream scenarios where the Rockets fleece the other teams GM's, the Nets are not hamstrung by unwanted salary, so would require alot more to even listen to a trade proposal.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

This does nothing in regards to the draft. Sac-town can still draft a center and having sam gives them a grooming year.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

makes sense

8. Vader

Vader Member

"The deal will give the Kings a player they've long coveted in Dalembert. "

-----straight lie.

9. Garner

Garner Member

Or maybe we strike a deal with the Kings now for the #5 pick.

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I don't like how the Kings gave up so quickly on Hawes but considering that they are likely going to get Cousins or Monroe in the draft, I guess it makes sense. Also frees up some cap space for them next season.

Overall good trade for both sides.

Whats funny is that the Kings were giving Aaron Brooks strong consideration at the 10th pick in the 07 draft. Oh well, best of luck to Hawes. :)

11. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

horrible move by the sixers.

dalembert is in his last year of his contract. not only will that contract be really valuable around the trade deadline but he's a better center right now that hawes is. on top of that they take nocioni's bad contract.

as far as the draft i don't think this changes anything for either team. the kings can take a center and move dalembert's ending contract at the deadline, while nocioni doesn't address the kings need for a SG.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I wouldn't put too much stock in that... have you seen the recent picks of the Pacers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that's not including the guys they traded for and got from free agency.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

As much as I love Tyler Hansborough, I don't understand why Indiana took him or why they took him in the first round.

15. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some of you guys are high... Hawes is big bust and that's why Sac wanted Landry. Sac has been down on Hawes for some time now. With this move, I expect Landry to go back to the bench. I know Sac is very high on Thompson playing the PF spot. Sammy D will help in a lot of areas where they were lacking in. He can rebound and block which Hawes couldn't do on a consistent bases.

I expect Sac to try and trade Garcia and Benu. They're slowly rebuilding their team which is a good thing.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The dominoes, they start falling. This should give an insight into the mind of Dougie Collins. Uh, but what is there to mind??? :confused: :grin:

Now, let's get DM the GM and Dougie the C together to swap Brand/#2 for 2 of our 3 3s; load up the wing in 6'erland. Maybe expand to include Iggy.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

Damn:
    Yao/14th pick/Hayes
    Bosh/Scola/Hayes
    Iguoldala/Turner
    Martin/Turner
    Brooks/Lowry

I highly doubt this lineup would ever exist, but it be pretty scary.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I love a parade... :cool:

19. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

wth Sixers thinking??!! i thought they try to unload contracts? they just traded a huge expiring in Dalember ($12+mil.) and take back Nocioni's contract for 3 more years. aren't they willing to surrender #2 pick just to save $$$? sometimes i wonder how these stupid GMs get their jobs :confused:

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

Another reason why I should be the owner/gm/coach/star player of that organizition. No one there has any idea what they're doing.