1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Trade Deadline Thoughts

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Feb 19, 2015.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Figure we can summarize feelings on the various trades in one thread if needed

My Trade deadline thoughts

1.OKC won the trade deadline. DJ AND Kanter?

2. The Heat did well getting Dragic to add to Wade(if healthy), Deng, Bosh and Whiteside. Didn't give up any worthwhile players at the same time imo.

3. I wonder if trading Knight will affect the Bucks chemistry and play the rest of the season and if MCW can step up in place of Knight.

4. Reggie Jackson to Detroit just seems bad to me. I guess SVG officially gave up on getting the 8th playoff spot because DJ could actually lead and run that team. I doubt RJ can do the same with the Jennings-less Pistons.

Who do y'all feel came out best today? Who came out looking worse after today's trades?

#1 ferrari77, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Pistons are clueless. Blazers got better, as did the Thunder. Milwaukee could either have done really well or might have blown it- I don't like MWC at all and I don't think he'll pan out. Sucks for Knight to be on Philly. Miami looks to be a decent team now, although they'll probably be out in the first round unless they play the Wizards. We did nothing, comparatively speaking, and are not looking good.

3. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Isn't Knight going to the Suns, not Philly?

4. ferrari77

Oh crap you're right. Thanks for that. So basically Knight for Dragic in a way for the Suns.

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Cavaliers and Clippers are strong contenders to sign Kendrick Perkins once buyout is done with Jazz, league sources tell Yahoo.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/568525518951161856">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

phoenix screwed itself over big time in the present and future

dragic, thomas, ennis, plumlee gone and the LAL pick which was probably going to be in the 5-10 range for

Knight, 3 first round picks which are all going to be at least 18+, marcus thorton, granger, anderson

i mean not sure what the heck they are doing. They definitely took them out of the running for the playoffs but considering they gave up a good prospect in Ennis, their major signing last summer in Thomas, their LAL lotto pick, plumlee i mean they are going to be stuck in that 9-12 spot in the west for a while now.

Knight is a good pick up but he is a RFA if they give him big $ you still have a lot promised to a back court that is really good but not good enough to make you a serious threat --- not in the west

7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Knight went to Phonix.

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Not only that, I think OKC get a first round Pick. Thunders and Bucks are winner.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Phoenix failed lol.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I hope OKC gets the 8 seed. They'd be a HUGE problem for Golden State.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I like the deadline for OKC, but pretty much dislike it for most other teams.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

OKC, Heat are the real winners. Also Blazers to a lesser extent.

Bucks are huge losers to me.

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ESPN is ******* slow. They don't have the rockets updated on here.

1 person likes this.
  14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

But what if Durant demands a trade this summer if OKC gets swept in the first round?

15. R=$

R=$ Member

ROCKETS WIN! : Smith , Brewer, El Papi , & MC D

16. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Pistons will

Reggie Jackson, Jodie Meeks, KCP, Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond

and they have Jennings coming back next year and a first round pick, their future looks bright if they can resign Monroe

17. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

They got better on offense, but their D got worse with Kanter, Novak, Singler and Augustin. None of them play D.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Hey at least we kept our core. SMH.

How the heck OK got Kanter?

They being 8th seed. They may overtake our spot.

19. ferrari77

Their future would have been bright with or without Reggie Jackson. Just don't see how it will work when Jennings comes back because I don't see Reggie starting there when Jennings is back but who knows what SVG has in mind or if he is that invested in Jennings.

Meh, I figure they feel with Westbrook outside of the paint and Ibaka inside plus limited minutes for Singler and Novak that they'll be fine with the tradeoff for offense. I dunno, I figure A_3P0 will have more info from the OKC point of view.

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

At least we didn't lose Dorsey...