1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA thug threatens to f****** punch ref in the face

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 30, 2010.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

he won't. he should retires after this season

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...like what Gortat said, but as mentioned earlier that wasn't something you go public with. Also have to point out after we tried to sign him and he took Orlando's generous offer and was sitting on the bench, he was complaining about his playing time and why did they sign him to sit on the bench. That always rubbed me the wrong way. If you want to take the most money, that's fine - I can see that....but don't complain if you took the money knowing you were going to be stuck on the bench behind the league's best center and a couple of good PFs. To me this guy just has a history of putting his foot in his mouth.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Too bad he played over 30 minutes the last game.

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lol at people defending Gortat...

He's talking like he's the big shiet but in reality what he has achieved? Being in the NBA since 07, averaging 13 minutes and 3 points till traded to the suns. Really? He's the new guy and after playing 3 games he's talking the whole Suns organization down like he should be the coach.

And is it me or I find his comment about his team scoring 120 points and he gets no rebound funny? I mean if Andris Biedrins can average 11 rebounds with the Warrior, well too bad if you can't get any.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its not about what he achieved, but the culture he comes from. Its embarrassing the way the Suns play defense, and they can learn a thing or two from the way the Magic did things.

6. SunsRocketsfan

imagine if he stayed with Dirk and the Mavs.. they may have ring now.. Thank goodness he left.. But it would have been interesting to see a white 1,2 combo win it all.

7. gah

gah Member

Remember he took the money to go to Dallas, as the restricted free agent he was ORL just matched it and Gortat was stuck in a place he wanted out of.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Gortat might be running his mouth tad bit much, BUT we could seriously use a player, like him right now. He'd be perfect for us. Especially, since we are starting to look like a M.A.S.H unit.

He actually is a good defender, though he tries to hard at times, mostly trying to cover so much area, when he isn't very athletic.

C - Gortat
    PF - Scola/Hill
    SF - Battier
    SG - Martin
    PG - Brooks

9. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Gortat is pretty athletic from what i've seen...

and all the Gortat haters...

must be the one's at work that spend a lot of time standing by the water cooler

10. Dei

Dei Member

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Suns hold the Pistons to 32 first half points, 36% shooting from the field.

Maybe Gortat's message made a difference.

12. QPower

QPower Member

Or maybe they are just playing the Pistons?