1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Summer League 2016

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tmactoyao, Jul 4, 2016.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

No wonder Sixers are interested in Bev, he would be perfect 1 guard with Simmons playing Point Forward. His vision and passing are impressive.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ben playing unimpressive tonight. Too passive.

3. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I thibk coaches asking Simmons to focus on scoring more.

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Anybody watched Thon Maker? Just saw the stats, seems impressive. But not caught any games

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Isn't this the biggest knock on him? I think it's gonna be a problem since his shooting is wack unless he improves his shot the only way he's gonna be effective is becoming a "hustle and energy" guy like Rondo or Rodman who will defend, make plays and grab rebs. Unfortunately with his tendency to become passive at times I dunno if he will be able to have the drive to truly dominate on the court. This is why I like Ingram more, his ceiling is lower but at the same time his floor is also higher and a middle man's version of Durant isn't bad, once he fills out his frame he's gonna be real good. Still, Simmon's shooting night isn't so bad despite his passive play maybe he's still just adjusting to the DLeague speed and he'll get even better as becomes more comfortable.

6. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

K Dunn is the stand out so far to me. Looks like he will be a star in this league. Timberwolves are going to be a threat very soon. Still very young and inexperienced, but loaded with talent.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maker's been awesome I think he's been shutting up doubters with his play:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lLKTbfb-ckg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The real issue on him that people keep saying he's 24 or whatever but as far as I'm concerned dude's already got acceptable skills even if he's 24, I mean he can shoot, defend and rebound consistently what more do you want?

People always exaggerate age like it's a big deal but I mean look at Biyombo people keep saying he was 25 or whatever when he got drafted how come he's playing better now than a lot of younger people who were drafted ahead of him? Age is just a number, even if a guy is 18 when you got him if he turns out to be a scrub you won't wait for him to grow up once the rookie deal is done he is gone. On the other hand if a guy turns into a good player even if he's already 24 then you can still keep him around, just pretend he was a senior when you got him or something. And for a big man it might be better that he's older, that way you don't have to wait for him to develop look at Maker he's already mature and can start serious weight training if he's really 24. If he's just 19 like what he's insisting then I think Bucks just got the steal of the draft.

8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I think age is more of a problem if you want them to develop mad dribbling/playmaking/isolation skills. But 22-24 is young enough for a big man to develop especially if he already has height, athleticism, awareness, good hands and some shooting touch to start off with.

Bucks could be scary long, athletic and versatile in a couple of years. They already are. Just the players not yet peaking.

9. theangrycanary

bucks, lakers, timberwolves, seventy sixers, suns

future of the league

10. malakas

malakas Member

I watched Thon Maker.
    He moves very very fast for someone of his size. He showed some good insticts in hedging and defnding the pnr.

He is extremely weak, doesn't have any post moves, and his shot is crap.
    Very raw can't be a contributor next year, but deserves to get some minutes to develop him as an energy big.
    The relief was that he showed that he wasn't overwhelmed as many feared since for the past 10 years he has been playing against highschoolers.

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Meh. He said after the game they all had dead legs. What did Simmons do to you? Geez

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Thon Maker fouled out tonight

Russell is on fire

Baldwin has this insane poster dunk

13. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Thon Maker 17/17, and you cant actuallu foul out during summer league (or have 8 fouls or something like that)

14. basketballholic

I predict Maker is in the main rotation by the end of the season. He'll put up insane numbers in dleague (if they send him there) and there won't be any way to keep him down. Not saying he'll be great. But they'd be better off to give him Greg's minutes from the get go. There's a reason they're trying to get Greg out. They know how mediocre he is. And Thon has too much work ethic in a ridiculous body to be held down. That length, activity, quickness, and work ethic is too much to ignore. And I wish so bad we could have turned Capela into him.

15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Sorry my bad, thought it was the game before.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thon Maker is gonna make it.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not terribly impressive in person to be honest.

That said, he does hustle and he is putting up some nice stats in summer league.

18. Asian Sensation

Maker reminds me of very young Jermaine O'neal back in his first couple seasons with Blazers. Let's see if he can develop a post game, consistent J and get stronger.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Tyler Ulis is pretty good.